Calling all Wharton Club Members & Guests:
The National Economists Club has invited us to their Summer 2017 Networking Happy Hour in downtown D.C. at Joe’s Seafood on Wednesday, July 26th from 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
While the original Joe's Stone Crab is in Miami Beach (and a perennial favorite among locals and tourists), this branch is operated by Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises (LEYE), based in Chicago. Wharton alum Chuck Haskell was a founder of LEYE, one of America's leading restaurant operators with nearly 100 restaurants nationwide and such concepts in our area as Wildfire (Tysons), Mon Ami Gabi (Bethesda, Tysons), & Summer Place (Pike & Rose).
- Come network with some of your fellow Wharton Club members and leaders, plus NEC members and leaders! Free admission for Members & up to 3 guests each!
- This will be a great opportunity to learn about future Wharton Club and NEC events and speakers happening across the city.
- Happy hour at Joe’s Seafood is one of the best in D.C. with all cocktails and beer 1/2 from 2:30pm to 6:30pm. Plus, many low-priced hors d'oeuvres: raw bar, sandwich and snack options. Click here to RSVP!!!
- Joe’s Seafood is a stone (crab)’s throw away from the McPherson Square Metro station (Orange Line) and a short walk from the Farragut North Metro station (Red Line). Metro Center is also just a few blocks away.
History of Joe's:
- The legendary Joe’s Stone Crab first opened in Miami Beach in 1913. It all began when Joseph Weiss, the “Joe” of Joe’s Stone Crab, and his wife Jennie set up seven or eight tables on the front porch of the house they owned. 100 years later, Joe’s has become one of the most beloved and widely recognized restaurants in the world, famous for its Florida Stone crab, signature sides and Key lime pie.
- In 2000, a partnership was born between the Sawitz/Weiss family and renowned restaurateur Richard Melman, founder of Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises (LEYE). Based in Chicago, LEYE, is one of the nation’s leading independent restaurant groups, owning, managing and licensing nearly 100 establishments. Together they opened Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab in Chicago, a
- restaurant featuring a selection of prime steaks, quality seafood and the signature dishes of Joe’s Stone Crab. The restaurant quickly built a reputation as one of the most popular restaurants in Chicago.
- In 2004, Joe’s premiered in Las Vegas at The Forum Shops at Caesars and soon became one of the most sought after dining destinations on the Strip. In 2014, Joe’s opened in our nation’s capital at 750 15th Street NW, Washington, DC, just steps from the White House.
- REGISTER: Free admission for Wharton DC Members & Guests (up to 3 per member) - 1/2 price drinks and low cost hors d'oeuvres from 230-630 pm