WHARTON SUMMIT FEATURE: University Centers for Entrepreneurship & Innovation: A Powerful Platform for Building Companies
Learn about three of these university centers in the Metro DC area - at George Mason, George Washington, and U.MD-College Park, and opportunities for innovators and entrepreneurs (whether alums of those schools or not) in the DMV
- University centers designed to spur innovation have become just as creative as the entrepreneurs working within their walls. In the DMV, these centers for innovation play an important role in the local start-up ecosystem. Through their support of companies looking to secure funding and the education and infrastructure they provide, these universities serve as a base for students, faculty, and community members to grow their ideas into thriving businesses.
- Hear from three of these university centers on the community impact of their work, and whether there's an opportunity for you and your business, whether you're one of their alums or not: University of Maryland’s Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship, George Washington University Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and George Mason University’s Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. GWU’s Associate VP Jim Chung, GMU’s Associate VP Sean Mallon, and the Dingman Center’s Board Chair Liz Sara will delve into the unique role that university centers for entrepreneurship play for student and faculty entrepreneurs, and the broader entrepreneurial community, in a panel discussion moderated by Anthony Millin, Chair of the Shulman Rogers NEXT program.
- Anthony Millin, Esq., Shulman Rogers (Moderator)(Photo on 1st page & at end of this article)
- Jim Chung, George Washington University, Associate Vice President for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (1st photo)
- Sean Mallon, George Mason University, Associate Vice President for
- Liz Sara, • University of Maryland, Chair of Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship Board of Advisors (3rd photo)
- Attend this session to learn from key people how to get your share of the bounty.
To learn more about other Summit sessions, CLICK HERE.
Look who's coming by Clicking Here (and scrolling to bottom)
Or to Register, CLICK HERE.