Ellen B. Safir, CFA, Founder & Chief Investment Officer, New Century Advisors: "Managing Fixed Income Portfolios in a Rising Rate Environment"
- The Washington Association of Money Managers
- November 15, 2017
- 6:00 PM Sign-in & Reception, Networking
- 6:30-7:45 PM - Program
- 7:45-8 PM - Networking
- Location: Zenger Room, National Press Club
Wharton Club Members & Guests are welcome to attend.
- What’s the best way to position bond portfolios as rates rise? How does the current environment look for bond investing? Fixed income securities offer a number of tools to employ at various points in the economic and interest rate cycles.
- Join us as Ellen Safir, CFA, Founder & Chief Investment Officer of New Century Advisors discusses the ways in which investors with varying objectives can use bonds. An early adopter of TIPS, she has helped advance her firm's reputation as an expert in inflation-linked securities. Her expertise in the fixed income markets also extends to the emerging market and high-yield sectors, as well as to traditional fixed income sectors.
Buy tickets below:
Wharton Club Members:
- 35/person, including reception with hors d'oeuvres, one drink ticket, program and networking: 35/person
- Non-Members: 49/person
- Ellen Safir's prior experience includes serving for 16 years as Managing Director, Fixed Income and Currencies, at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI), a nonprofit medical research organization and one of the largest philanthropies in the US. There, she was a pioneer in developing “core plus,” now a commonly accepted strategy that employs a broad opportunity set within portfolios. Before joining HHMI, Ellen was assistant treasurer of the American National Red Cross, where she managed operating reserves and oversaw the organization's retirement system and endowment portfolios. She began her career as a financial analyst at the Federal Reserve Board in Washington, D.C.
- Ellen is vice chairman of the investment committee of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and is a board member of Horizons Greater Washington, a not-for-profit organization that empowers economically disadvantaged students through public private partnerships between independent and public school communities. A past president of the Washington Society of Investment Analysts and of the Washington Association of Money Managers, she formerly served on the board of directors of Century National Bank of Washington, D.C. Ellen also served on the board of AARP Mutual Funds, where she was chair of the investment committee.
- Ellen holds a B.A. from Bennington College and an M.B.A. from George Washington University. She holds the CFA designation.Click here to buy tickets!!!