Headliners Luncheon with H.E. Moussa Faki Mahamat, Chairperson of African Union Commission
Wharton Club members & their guests are invited to Headliners Luncheon at National Press Club with African Union Commission Chairperson, H.E. Moussa Faki Mahamat,
- H.E. Moussa Faki Mahamat, the Chairperson of the African Union Commission, will discuss the role of a united and integrated Africa in the global community at a National Press Club Headliners Luncheon on Wednesday, November 15.
- The address at the National Press Club is part of the Chairperson’s three-day inaugural visit to Washington, where he is scheduled to meet with U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and attend the 2017 AU-US High Level Dialogue.
- “It is an honor to welcome H.E. Moussa Faki Mahamat, Chairperson, African Union Commission, on his first visit to Washington DC,” said H.E. Dr. Arikna Chihombori Quao, African Union Ambassador to the United States. “We look forward to mutually fruitful work during a November 15-17 high level itinerary that will strengthen our valued and longstanding AU–US relationship and advance our collaborative priorities for an integrated, entrepreneurial, prosperous, secure and peaceful Africa.”
- H.E. Moussa Faki Mahamat took office as Chairperson of the African Union Commission in March of 2017, after winning a close contest against his Kenyan counterpart, Amina Mohamed. He is the fifth Chairperson of the Commission and the second Central African candidate. Prior to his election as Chairperson, he served as the Foreign Minister of Chad, a position he had held since April 2008. Moussa Faki Mahamat served as the Prime Minister of Chad from June 2003 to February 2005.
- VIP Reception 12:00-12:30 p.m (you will be informed if your request is granted. PREFERENCE to President's Club & Lifetime Members)
- Lunch from 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.: The speaker's remarks and Q&A from the audience.
Please call Alan Schlaifer at 301-365-8999 if you'd to be considered to attend the reception (if there is one) from 12:30-1:00 pm with the speaker. (He may only bring a few guests, so early sign up helps; preference for President's Club and Lifetime Members).
Where: National Press Club, Ballroom, 13th Floor, 14th & F Streets, N.W., just two blocks from Metro Center
Metro, Parking: Metro Center; several private garages within a few blocks.
Reservations: $39/person for current Wharton Club members and their guests only. You must reserve in advance on our site. We have only a limited number of seats, so Members may purchase seats only for themselves and up to three guests, if desired. (Photo: on the Natl Press Club website, press.org)