Headliners Breakfast with Walter Isaacson & "Leonardo da Vinci"
Wharton Club members & their guests are invited to Headliners Breakfast at National Press Club with Isaacson, author of series about intellectual giants: Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs, on his latest book about Leonardo da Vinci
NPC Headliners Breakfast with Walter Isaacson & "Leonardo da Vinci"
December 18, 2017 8:00 AM
This is a ticketed event. Click here to jump to the ticket form.
- Walter Isaacson, former editor of Time and former CNN chairman, will appear at a National Press Club Headliners Breakfast at 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 18, to discuss his new book, Leonardo da Vinci.
- Leonardo da Vinci is the latest in a series about intellectual giants by Isaacson, a former chief executive of the Aspen Institute who is now a history professor at Tulane University. He has previously written best-sellers about Steve Jobs, Albert Einstein and Benjamin Franklin.
- “This book is the capstone to Isaacson’s biographies on genius, creativity, innovation and where the humanities intersect the sciences,” his publisher, Simon & Schuster, said in a statement. “Based on thousands of pages of Leonardo’s astonishing notebooks and new discoveries about his life and work, Isaacson weaves a narrative that connects his art to his science.”
- Isaacson includes a chapter in the book that explores how readers can improve themselves by following da Vinci’s habits of mind.
- Breakfast will be served in the club’s Ballroom at 8:00 a.m., with remarks beginning at 8:30 a.m., followed by a question-and-answer session ending at 9:30 a.m. Isaacson will sign copies of his book after the program concludes.
- Books will also be available for purchase at the event. Proceeds from book sales will benefit the non-profit affiliate of the Club, the National Press Club Journalism Institute, so we kindly ask that you leave all outside books and memorabilia at home.
- VIP Reception (None this time) (you will be informed if your request is granted. PREFERENCE to President's Club & Lifetime Members)
- Breakfast from 8-8:30 a.m.
- 8:30-9:30 a.m.: The speaker's remarks and Q&A from the audience.
- 9:30-10:30 Book Signing
Please call Alan Schlaifer at 301-365-8999 if you'd to be considered to attend the reception (if there is one) from 12:30-1:00 pm with the speaker. (Alan may only bring a few guests, so early sign up helps; preference for President's Club and Lifetime Members).
Where: National Press Club, Ballroom, 13th Floor, 14th & F Streets, N.W., just two blocks from Metro Center
Metro, Parking: Metro Center; several private garages within a few blocks.
Reservations: $39/person for current Wharton Club members and their guests only. You must reserve in advance on our site. We have only a limited number of seats, so Members may purchase seats only for themselves and up to three guests, if desired. (Photo: on the Natl Press Club website, press.org)
Monday, 12/18/17 at 8:00am - 9:30am | iCal
The National Press Club, Holeman Lounge
529 - 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20045 USA
[ Get Directions ]