As the subject line indicated, last night was perfectly magical in Red & Blue, with the apt seasonal theme of "Champions" selected for the Club's 50th Anniversary Golden Anniversary Gala & 47th Wharton Award Dinner.
Here's how we celebrated those whom we honored this year or at past dinners:
- The Red & Blue in our stimulating reception, dinner and award ceremony, honoring five Wharton and one Penn alums, each of them with the three "legs" of our Triple Crown: a Wharton or Penn degree, exceptional career achievements, and notable community or public service. We paid homage to Champions of past years with us last night, and to this year's inspiring victors shown in the photo:
- His Excellency Emanuel Gonzalez-Revilla, W'88, Ambassador of Panama to the United States (award accepted by Club Chairman, Jean-François Orsini (2nd from left)
- Stephanie Dulitz Katz, WG'90, Founder & President, CETA Benefit Consulting Group, LLC (4th from left)
- David Morey, W'78, Chairman & CEO DMG Global and Vice Chairman, Core Strategy Group (Right)
- Jeffrey E. Grass, WG'99, Founder & Chairman, buySafe, LiveSafe and HUNGRY Marketplace (Left)
- In Memoriam:
- Dr. Ann E. Kelley, CW'76, PhD, World-Renowned Behavioral Neuroscientist (accepted by her friend, Barbara Werther, Esq., 3rd from Left)
- Thomas F. Lantry, WG'67, Entrepreneur & Philanthropist (accepted by his wife Anne, 2nd from Right)
- The magic performance by Honoree David Morey.
- Every attendee's receipt of a complimentary copy of David's latest book, Creating Business Magic: How the Power of Magic Can Inspire, Innovate & Revolutionize Your Business
- The magic of the Michelin-starred menu, featuring "Red" in the raspberries and sauce of the dessert, and the "Blue" from the delectable Chesapeake Bay lump blue crab cakes of the hotel's Blue Duck Tavern. (Indeed, the description of this much honored establishments crab cakes was apparently so enticing that half of those who had previously selected chicken opted for crab instead!)
- The Red & Blue of our hockey team's uniforms and logo, "CAPPING off" the evening, winning the Stanley Cup after the dinner was over, inflicting a new form of Washington "Capital" punishment on the Las Vegas not-so-Golden Knights
- To view or order photos of this spectacular evening, just CLICK HERE.