Headliners Luncheon with The Honorable Sonny Perdue, Secretary of Agriculture
Wharton Club members & their guests are invited to this Headliners Luncheon at National Press Club with Ag Secretary Sonny Perdue. To discuss farmer input for new farm bill, opening markets for American products, next generation of US farmers
- The Honorable Sonny Perdue, Secretary of Agriculture, will speak at a National Press Club Headliners Luncheon on Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
- Mr. Perdue recently crisscrossed the country in a "Back to our Roots" tour to listen to farmers and those who live and work in rural America to gather their input in advance of Congress writing a new farm bill by next year. He will share some of those insights, as well as discuss his priorities for opening up markets for American agricultural products, including the renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Additionally, Mr. Perdue will highlight the Department’s efforts to encourage and inspire the next generation of farmers and agricultural leaders through a unique partnership with the National FFA.
- Secretary Perdue became the 31st Secretary of Agriculture (USDA) on April 25, 2017, but he got his start in agriculture years earlier growing up on his family’s dairy and crop farm in rural Georgia. After earning a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Georgia and serving his country in the U.S. Air Force, Perdue became a small business owner focusing on agribusiness. He started his political career in the Georgia State Senate where he served eleven years before serving as the governor of Georgia for two terms.
- VIP Reception 12:00-12:30 p.m (you will be informed if your request is granted. PREFERENCE to President's Club & Lifetime Members)
- Lunch from 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.: The speaker's remarks and Q&A from the audience.
Please call Alan Schlaifer at 301-365-8999 if you'd to be considered to attend the reception (if there is one) from 12:30-1:00 pm with the speaker. (He may only bring a few guests, so early sign up helps; preference for President's Club and Lifetime Members).
Where: National Press Club, Ballroom, 13th Floor, 14th & F Streets, N.W., just two blocks from Metro Center
Metro, Parking: Metro Center; several private garages within a few blocks.
Reservations: $39/person for current Wharton Club members and their guests only. You must reserve in advance on our site. We have only a limited number of seats, so Members may purchase seats only for themselves and up to three guests, if desired. (Photo: on the Natl Press Club website, press.org)
1:30PM - 3:00PM Tue 12 Dec 2017 ( Timezone: Eastern )
The National Press Club, Holeman Lounge
529 - 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20045 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Look Who's Coming:
Drone Engineering Services
Wharton School of DC
Drone Engineering Services