National Economists Club Luncheon with
Mike Ryan, Associate Director - Comparative Industry Service, IHS Markit: Russia: Sanctions, Trade, and Domestic Capacity Building
Wharton Club Members & Guests invited
When: Thursday, July 26, 2018
Location: Chinatown Garden Restaurant, 618 H St NW, Washington DC
About the Session & Speaker:
- Please join us for our first annual NEC President's Talk with Mike Ryan, Associate Director - Comparative Industry Service, IHS Markit
- "Russia: Sanctions, Trade, and Domestic Capacity Building"
- Amidst an environment of heightened tensions since 2014, Mike will evaluate how Russian industry is faring under the imposition of sanctions and countersanctions, and how that squares with a national self-sufficiency strategy. He’ll also explore development opportunities and challenges beyond a post-oil future.
- Mr. Ryan is global macro economist in the Comparative Industry Service at IHS Markit, based in Washington, D.C. He partners with a wide range of leaders in business, finance and government to strategically analyze industry investment opportunities and assess competitive positioning to make smarter, more informed capital allocation decisions. He manages the company's Sector Risk Rating module, used by financial clients to monitor and mitigate credit risk exposure.
- Prior to joining IHS Markit, he started his career with PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory, supporting Federal stabilization programs at the onset of the financial crisis. Mr. Ryan received his Master of Science in Banking and International Finance, with Distinction, from the University of London's Cass Business School, UK, and his BBA in Finance from James Madison University, US. He serves as president of the National Economists Club, representing 500 leading professionals in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Note: Registration is open through Thursday, 7-26-18 at 10 am
Reservations: Wharton Club Members & Guests Only: $20/person, inclusive, paid in advance. Cash bar.
Reservations are preferred at least one business day before an event. Earlier is better because of potential of reaching capacity.
Click here to reserve your place(s)!!