Ellen B. Safir, CFA, Founder & Chief Investment Officer, New Century Advisors: "Fixed Income Market Update"
- The Washington Association of Money Managers
- January 14, 2020
- 6:00 PM Sign-in & Reception, Networking
- 6:30-7:45 PM - Program
- 7:45-8 PM - Networking
- Location: Zenger Room, National Press Club
Wharton Club Members & Guests are welcome to attend.
- Fixed-income is going to provide a number of challenges in the coming year. To mention a few, interest rates and Fed policy; political risks including trade tensions; rising U.S. deficits and related Treasury supply; pace of economic growth; whether corporate spreads will remain relatively tame considering elevated issuance in recent years; and whether there will be return dispersion among fixed-income sectors.
- To answer these questions and others, the Washington Association of Money Managers to fortunate to have Ellen Safir, CFA, to kick off 2020. Ellen Safir is Chief Investment Officer of New Century Advisors and founded the firm in 2002. She is responsible for the overall investment and business strategies of New Century Advisors. An early adopter of TIPS, she has helped advance the firm's reputation as an expert in inflation-linked securities. Ellen's personal expertise in the fixed income markets also extends to the emerging market and high-yield sectors, as well as to traditional fixed income sectors.
Buy tickets below:
Wharton Club Members:
- 35/person, including reception with hors d'oeuvres, one drink ticket, program and networking: 35/person
- Non-Members: 55/person
- EEllen Safir is Chief Investment Officer of New Century Advisors and founded the firm in 2002. She is responsible for the overall investment and business strategies of New Century Advisors. An early adopter of TIPS, she has helped advance the firm's reputation as an expert in inflation-linked securities.
- Ellen is vice chairman of the investment committee of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and is a board member of Horizons Greater Washington, a not-for-profit organization that empowers economically disadvantaged students through public private partnerships between independent and public school communities. A past president of the Washington Society of Investment Analysts and of the Washington Association of Money Managers, she formerly served on the board of directors of Century National Bank of Washington, D.C. Ellen also served on the board of AARP Mutual Funds, where she was chair of the investment committee.
- Ellen holds a B.A. from Bennington College and an M.B.A. from George Washington University. She holds the CFA designation.Click here to buy tickets!!!