THE HAPPIEST OF HOLIDAYS & BEST OF NEW YEARS TO YOU & YOURS
Special Wishes from the Wharton Club of DC to You
The holidays have begun, and 2012 is rapidly drawing to a close.
In this season, the Wharton Club's officers, including us, want to wish you and your loved ones happy holidays. Whatever you celebrate - Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, or other holidays, and New Year's - may your celebrations be fulfilling and heartfelt, while giving you great joy.
Recent events are a reminder of the transiency - and occasional tragedies - that may befall any of us. And we recall fondly our fellow members and alums, such as Sherry Oshiver, WG, who are no longer with us.
As we look back, we appreciate your support for the Wharton Club of DC, one of the most active and among the largest in the Wharton network worldwide, and the most active b-school club in our region. And we hope to see you many times in the year ahead.
These are among the many programs that members found fulfilling and stimulating, broadening understanding in our ever more global world, a world where we give you tremendous access
(we plan to post shortly a much more comprehensive list of
programs available to Club Members in the past year). Meanwhile, here are a few highlights:
- Our Embassy Reception & Briefing Series - which included Germany, Thailand, Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago, and Paraguay, after India, Ghana, Georgia, Switzerland, Uruguay, the Philippines in the prior year. We also enjoyed other events at the Dutch Ambassador's Residence and the French, Austrian and Canadian Embassies.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): including our Wharton-HBS Leads Council (two per month, DC and MD, most months), Green Business Roundtable (10 programs), Entrepreneurship Forum, Investment Forum.
- CEOs and other Leaders, from the public and private sectors and academia - breakfasts, lunches and other events, with such individuals as Cabinet Secretaries (Janet Napolitano, DHS; Leon Panetta, DOD; Arne Duncan, Dept. of Ed) and former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD)
- Other events with top partners such as the HBS Club of DC, French-American and U.S. Chambers, and others, such as the National Press Club
- VIP events included racing superstar Danica Patrick, actor Alec Baldwin, singer-song writer James Taylor, actress Kathleen Turner, Redskins GM Bruce Allen, former Redskins Larry Brown and Brig Owens, and Nationals GM Mike Rizzo
- We also had a stimulating evening with successful entrepreneur, author, leader Marissa Levin, CEO, Information Experts, and another program featured 4 experts on raising funds for ventures in the current economy.
- Our Holiday Luncheon and Party December 19, 2012, attended by dozens of members and guests, enjoying another opportunity to network and have fun doing it. Many also received prizes at a drawing for raffle awards.
- And much more.
Our 2013 calendar has already started getting posted. As it fills out, we will wind up with another 150-200 or more programs, just as we have had for several years.
Thanks, now, to you, our member, for supporting our Club and, we hope, attending at least a few events that you enjoyed and where your thoughts were stimulated and your contacts enhanced.
- Please let us know YOUR ideas for programs, especially where you may be a host, speaker, or help to organize an event
- Also, let us know whether you're interested in being an officer or other volunteer (must keep your membership active!).
- Being a member on December 31, next Monday, also will give you the right to vote in our upcoming election.
- So login to be sure your membership does not expire this month.
- You can renew online or call us, if you have any questions: 301-365-8999, M-Sat, 9am-6 pm
- Rates are lowest if you renew BEFORE your membership expires, and the full 365 days are added to the end of your current membership.
- NOW is the time, when our calendar is still open that you can have your greatest impact. Maintain your membership, and renew now if you want an extra 2012 tax deduction. The extra time is added to the end of your current term. In any event, please email us your thoughts.
So enjoy the holidays, and let us work together to make your 2013 much better than the year just past.
Warm regards and thanks on behalf of your officers and Board,
Alan Schlaifer, President
Jean-Francois Orsini, Chairman