FAQ...Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to some of the pressing - and frequently asked - questions you may have.
- My user ID and password do not seem to work. What should I do?
The Login is in the upper right hand corner of the homepage. Your user name is the email address you used to register for whartondc.com. If you can't remember your password, click on Login anyway. This takes you to the login page. Then click on the ''Forgot your password'' link on the log-in page, and we'll mail it to the email address you used to register for this website. Please note: your password is not the same as your "nickname," such as Don or Sue2, that greets you at the top of the screen once you have logged in. (e.g., "Hello Don," "Hello Sue2").
Please note that AOL and Earthlink users may not receive the emails due to spam settings by these Internet providers. Please check your "spam" or "bulk" mail folder for the email with your new password. So you may wish to check our website, whartondc.com, periodically so that you don't miss events that you may find stimulating and beneficial for your career or business.
- Why am I not receiving the Wharton Club of DC e-newsletter any longer?
But once you have done that, you can change anything from your login name (it may still be a code number, a relic of our prior system), to your current email, phone number, address, or other information. Keeping that information current helps us to stay in touch with you.
You can also "opt" to receive our weekly emails, if you have not done so. This may be the best way to keep current with news of the Club's events and get the most out of your Club membership, if your membership is current. If it isn't and you want to join to receive the Club's many program and other benefits, please continue reading..
- How do I register for membership?
2. Enter your email address, and choose a nickname
3. Fill out your billing information, selecting a 1, 2, or 3-year option (many members select 2 or 3 years to save money and avoid having membership expire)
4. Click "Confirm"
5. Double check the information and click "Submit."
That's it! You're now a member (or still a member, if you renewed). You will receive a welcome email message and a temporary password. Please use the temporary password to log in for the first time, and change your password to something memorable. Call us at 301-365-8999 if you have trouble joining or renewing.
- Which membership level should I select?
Also, it is important for you to note that all membership purchases are for full years: if you're extending your membership, the added time begins at the end of your current membership and keeps it current. If you're a new member or someone who's renewing after your membership expired, you get the full number of years from the date of your purchase. (For the latest membership rates, please go to "Membership" on this site; rates may change from time to time, without prior notice. Protect yourself by joining or renewing now.)
- And check the full range of options by going to our Membership page at WhartonDC.com: Click here
All levels of membership, including all registered users (free to everyone), receive our regular email newsletter.
But the real benefits are for members. These include many programs for members-only or members and their guests only events. In other cases, members will priority in signing up, and with limited capacity events, this will sometimes mean that all spaces will be filled by members. We also offer members-only discounts on most non-exclusive programs, and much more, such as our Leads Council - again for current members only.
- Why does the site send me a temporary password to my email account when I first register?
We recommend that you change your password the first time you visit our site.
- How do I register for an event?
Other events require payment, and so you'll need to provide us with your credit card and billing information. Our site uses the highest level of SSL encryption and we don't keep your credit card information on file, so there should be no need to worry about fraud.
Your charge in the past would have been in the name of "Aviel Ent.," the host of our AlumniMagnet-based site. This has changed, and you'll now see the "Wharton Club" name appear.
- May I register for several Club events at one time?
- This is how it works if you want more than one ticket, or tickets for more than one event, or both:
--1. Select the first program that interests you. Click on the options that apply. E.g., one member ticket and one guest.
--2. If you'd like more than one ticket in any category, select any number up to the maximum available to you. Then select "Recalculate." The new number will appear. Thus, if you want three $20 tickets, your total will now be $60.
--3. If that's all you want to purchase at this time, proceed to checkout.
--4. If you want to buy a ticket for at least one more program, you can continue shopping by going directly to that program. (No "Continue Shopping" option appears at this time. We hope that will change).
--5. Make your selection(s) of one or more tickets for each of those programs. Use the recalculate feature as needed.
--6. Continue this process for the number of programs that interest you. Then choose "Proceed to Checkout."
--7. Once there, Checkout is even faster than before, as you may have noticed with our new data "Speedfill" feature. Just enter any needed personal and credit card data (with the billing address and phone number for that specific card) that are not part of your Speedfill information. You can now use any of the major cards: V, MC, Amex, Diners, or Discovery. Voilà, barring any glitches, you have made several purchases in one fell swoop. You will receive one overall charge instead of many, but individual confirming emails for each event.
--8. Do RSVP, please, so that we have accurate information on you and any guests you may be bringing.
--9. You can add or change your guests' names. If you don't have the name(s) at the time of purchase, or make changes later, just can login later. Then go to "My Account", and fill them in or even change them.
- How can I update my profile?
- How can I change my user ID, password, and e-mail address?
- How do I change my RSVP guest list for an event?
- What else can I do when I login and go to the My Account area?
1. Check to see what you have purchased online in the past from our Club, and then print out your record for tax or reimbursement purposes.
2. Find out which future events you have already signed up for. If desired, you can also change your RSVPs if you or a guest can't come and you need to fill in another name.
3. Easily learn your membership status. This enables you to go to the correct portion of the website and renew before your membership expires.
- How can I renew my membership?
A month before your membership expires, you will receive an email from our Club reminding you to renew your membership. The email will contain a link so that you can quickly renew your membership. Also, during that time, when you visit the site, there will be a special message at the top of the homepage reminding you to renew. Click on the message and follow the simple steps to renew!
- Something doesn't seem to be working...what should I do?
Finally, thanks for your support for our Club. It is the support of our members and friends, through membership, attendance and volunteering, that have made our Club one of the strongest in the Wharton Alumni Network for many years. With your help, we can retain our vigor for the benefit of our members, other Wharton alumni, and the Wharton School.
New to Our Site?
Fill out the fields below and a temporary password will be emailed to you within the next several minutes.