2014 WHARTON DC INNOVATION SUMMIT: LINKING INNOVATORS TO NATIONAL AND GLOBAL RESOURCES - APRIL 29-30
130+ speakers. keynotes from Wharton Profs, other top innovators
48 Sessions: Funding, Innovation Accelerators
Healthcare, Urban, DC Region Resources, Global, Much More
REGISTER NOW: Only 9 places left
The Wharton School Club of DC, with support from leading business and alumni groups, is hosting the 2014 Wharton DC Innovation Summit. It will take place on April 29-30, 2014, at the modern FHI 360 Conference Center, 1825 Connecticut Ave., NW (8th Floor), near Dupont Circle. (4 blocks north of Dupont Circle Metro; parking at various garages, including Universal Building South, on Florida Ave., NW, near T)
The conference will bring together investors, innovators in industry and government, policy makers, entrepreneurs, academic leaders and others whose common goal is to empower private and public innovators to spur business, economic and job growth in the U.S. and abroad.
You can learn the latest information about the Summit on our special website: www.WhartonDCInnovation.com .
After you register, you'll be given a password for our Mobile App: WhartonDC in the iTunes and Google Play Stores will let you download it.
Why is the Summit being held?
In brief, the Summit is a high value, high impact way for entrepreneurs, business executives, government officials and others dedicated to become more successful leaders by leveraging the power of innovation.
If you are in that group of action and results-oriented leaders, it will help you create, stimulate, test and harness big ideas to achieve better real-world results in your business or organization of any size.
The Summit will inspire and enable you deal to more effectively with the realities of today's competitive global economy.
Innovation's vital role, domestically and internationally, is key to the "Growth Through Innovation" theme to the Wharton School's next Global Forum, Beijing in June,
Meanwhile, in a convenient downtown DC location. the DC Summit will provide an interactive environment to help you find public and private sector partners with the resources and interest to help you succeed as an innovator.
With the Summit's expected 300-400 attendees (already representing over 150 private and public organizations), the 48 keynote and other sessions to which you will have access feature an all-star lineup of more than 135 speakers.
Keynotes and panelists include distinguished Wharton professors, and leading innovators in business, science, technology and government.
Who should attend? (Whether or not you're a Wharton alum doesn't matter):
- Entrepreneurs in startup and early-stage businesses
- Executives in mid-size to Fortune 500 companies who want to harness your internal team's creative powers and work with external parties more successfully
- Talent Managers who want better strategies to attract and engage the diverse workforce needed to build your organization now and in the future
- Government, academic, nonprofit and NGO officials who want to be more effective and efficient in using limited resources
- Public and private organizations with valuable technology available for licensing
- Anyone - Wharton alum or not - needing an edge up with innovative new ideas
How you benefit from attending
Your interactions with speakers and your fellow attendees will boost your ability to:
- Learn lessons from successful innovation leaders in the private and public sectors: what to do with new ideas for products and services, and what to avoid
- Find out what angel, venture capital, crowd funding and other investors are looking for before they fund your company, and what shuts their funding doors to you
- Build your connections to potential funding sources, partners and collaborators who can furnish human and capital resources you need to succeed.
- Discover the common threads and tools in varied businesses and settings, and how thinking out of your usual "industry" box can may offer new sources of great ideas and opportunities
- Help you build a more productive, effective team, with needed resiliency, flexibility and entrepreneurial drive
- Learn from and interact with speakers such as renowned Wharton Professors:
- Jerry Wind, in his Master Class on how to build and lead a more creative and innovative organization, and
- George S. Day, on how to develop your business's innovation prowess to fuel sustainable growth
- If you attend, you will also:
- Be inspired by the stories and learn from the lessons shared with you by business founders and leaders, such as
- Michael Chasen (former CEO of Blackboard, now founder & CEO of SocialRadar)
- S.A. Ibrahim (CEO, Radian Group (NYSE: RDN)
- Jennifer Elisseeff, M.D., and Jeff Geschwind, M.D., two of Johns Hopkins’ top innovators
- And so much more
To increase the quality and scope of your connections
The Summit includes two receptions, the use of digital tools, a Master Class workshop, many breaks, and special networking sessions and opportunities.
The 2014 Summit, the start of an annual event and with interim programs in our Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum, brings together speakers and attendees who share the goals of using innovation to strength their own organizations, while spurring business, economic and job growth.
If you want to be a better leader, leverage innovation more effectively now
and in the future, and enhance your connections to other leaders, you should join
Registration fees to attend the Summit are reasonable compared to similar 2-day events are already reasonable: just 395/person. That’s a good deal, because it includes access to all sessions, breaks, meals and receptions.
Also, you may bring a 2d person for just 179, including all of the benefits for both of you. That's just 287/person for each of you, including all sessions, meals, breaks, receptions and networking.
To enhance your connections, our Strategic Partner group already includes these organizations, to cite a few:
- Clubs: Chicago Booth, Harvard B-School, UMichigan Ross B-School, UPenn, Princeton, Cornell, Wharton Club of DC
- Business groups, such as the America's SBDC, French-American Chamber, Keiretsu Forum and Society of Physician Entrepreneurs
And take advantage of this Special Offer by signing up now. If you want to learn more, click on any of the articles below. To assure your place and register now, you should click here.
(Probably best to join first, by clicking here, to save the extra 300/person for Members)
- We invite you to benefit from this offer by registering now, before it expires or we reach our limited capacity for these add-on places. Please click here.
- To make your networking even more productive, we will have a British Embassy Reception from 6:30-8:30 pm on the night of Tuesday, April 29. Only those who sign up early will be assured a place, as capacity will be limited. (Attire is business or business casual)
- Based on strong interest thus far, we expect to reach capacity early.
To learn more or if you have any questions, or have trouble signing up:
For the fastest response, just call Alan Schlaifer at the Wharton Club of DC, 301-365-8999, 830 am-7 pm, Monday-Saturday. Or email us: click here.,
Overview of Schedule -
CLICK HERE for a more detailed Schedule.
Full-Day 8:00 am to 8:30 pm
8:00 am to 9:00 am Registration
9:00 am to 5:45 pm Keynotes, Breakout Panels, breaks
6:30 pm to 8:30 pm - Reception at British Embassy, Rotunda, 3100 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
8:00 am to 9:00 am Registration
9:00 am to 12 noon - Opening Keynote & Breakout Panels
12:00 noon - Lunch Keynote
1:30 pm to 5:00 pm+ - Breakout Panels, Keynote
6:00 pm to 7:30 pm - Closing/Wrap-Up Reception at FHI 360
FHI 360 Conference Center
1825 Connecticut Ave., NW, 8th Floor (between T Street and Florida Ave., 1 block from Hilton & Towers)
Washington, DC 20009
This will be the third time we have used this conference center, always with excellent results.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Logistics:
the Venue & Nearby Hotels offering special rates for Summit Attendees
REGISTER FOR THE SUMMIT
MEMBERS: DC Wharton Club Members and Current Members of Strategic Partners (Members may purchase place for themselves and for one guest at same per person rate. All rates include: Full 2-day program, all breaks, receptions, networking, meals. Must name group of which you're currently a Member when you register (except Wharton Club of DC - should login first, please).
IMPORTANT NOTE: At our British Embassy Reception on the night of Tuesday, April 29, capacity may be limited to those who sign up early. Just one more reason to sign up now, and not to wait. (The Embassy reception alone is $59-89/person, if you do not sign up for the Summit)
EARLY BIRD: 295/person, thru Monday, April 14.
ADVANCE: 345/person first person, thru Friday, April 25
- THEN: 395/person for first person
FULL-TIME: Government, Nonprofit Employees Same rates as Members, including Must name organization for which you work full-time, or, if student or Faculty, school where you're full-time student or faculty, when you register.
FULL-TIME Students & Faculty: Limited number of places at just 99/person through April 23. Must enter your school when you register
EVERYONE ELSE: Rates are 200-300/person higher at all times.
You may want to consider joining the Wharton Club of DC or one of our Strategic Partners to save $200-300/person. Otherwise:
- Early Bird: 495/person thru 4/14
- Advance: 595/person thru 4/25
- THEN: 695/person