YOU CAN HEAR YOUR MUSIC NOW, & NOT LOSE YOUR HEARING - WHARTON CLUB MEMBER COMPETING IN TECH CONTEST
Asius Technologies, whose CEO is Steve Lebischak, WG02,
has earbuds that can produce better sound & help save the hearing of millions of people
Consider voting for the company during the week of April 5-11
Asius Technologies’ CEO and Wharton grad / Wharton DC member Steve Lebischak, WG02, are competing in the Northern Virginia Technology Council's (NVTC) and Washington Post’s Destination Innovation to identify the region’s most disruptive product that solves a real-world problem. Top vote-getting companies will deliver a two-minute pitch to a panel with top finishers competing in a head-to-head question and answer session that will determine the overall winner.
Asius’s earbuds sound louder and better at lower volumes by using a second eardrum to eliminate the harmful pressures that cause hearing loss. This can help millions of people throughout the US and abroad of all ages.
In December Asius sold nearly $650,000 of their professional and consumer models on Kickstarter.
Here's more info from Steve on why this is such an important problem, and why they have the cure:
- There has been a 77% increase in hearing loss among adolescents attributed to earbuds.
- 125 million earbuds are sold each year and they all needlessly contribute to hearing loss.
- 10 million Americans suffer from noise-induced hearing loss.
- Many exposed to noisy environments don't wear hearing protection because it is not comfortable and if they do wear hearing protection it is not worn properly and is ineffective.
- Since 1977, the Veterans Administration has paid $7.5 billion in disability payments, making hearing loss is the #1 DoD disability - and this does not include tinnitus or added costs of treatment, hearing aids, retraining or hearing loss benefits as lesser claims.
- We discovered the cause and invented the cure.
- Turning down the volume is not the solution.
- The technology is now being used by top artists like Beyoncé and Garth Brooks.
- We are also funded by NSF to develop a next generation of hearing protection.
- We have invented a comfortable, on-size-fits-all effective hearing protection that converts noise to an air pressure that inflates a balloon in the ear canal that seals out noise.
- You might enjoy this video. It was filmed in January at our booth at the National Assoc. of Music Merchants show.
Please vote and support Asius Technologies this week. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-business/wp/2015/04/05/help-us-find-washingtons-next-tech-innovators-week-four/