PFIZER CHAIRMAN & CEO, IAN READ
Wharton Club members & their guests are invited Luncheon at National Press Club
Pfizer Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer Ian Read will discuss a number of important issues including healthcare reform, access to innovative healthcare solutions and the crucial role played by the pharmaceutical industry at a National Press Club luncheon on Thursday, March 23, 2017
VIP Reception 12:00-12:30 p.m (you will be informed if your request is granted)
- Lunch from 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.: The speaker's remarks and Q&A from the audience.
Please call Alan Schlaifer at 301-365-8999 if you'd to be considered to attend the reception (if there is one) from 12:30-1:00 pm with the speaker. (He may only bring a few guests, so early sign up helps; preference for President's Club and Lifetime Members).
Where: National Press Club, Ballroom, 13th Floor, 14th & F Streets, N.W., just two blocks from Metro Center
Metro, Parking: Metro Center; several private garages within a few blocks.
Reservations: $39/person for current Wharton Club members and their guests only. You must reserve in advance on our site. We have only a limited number of seats, so Members may purchase seats only for themselves and up to two guests, if desired. (Photo: on the Natl Press Club website, press.org)
Meet Ian Read (from Pfizer.com):
- Ian C. Read is Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Pfizer, one of the world’s premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies, which brings therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives. These include medicines, vaccines, and many of the world’s best-known consumer healthcare products.
- Prior to being named CEO in December, 2010, Ian served as group president of Pfizer’s Worldwide Biopharmaceutical Businesses, overseeing five global business units: Primary Care, Specialty Care, Oncology, Established Products and Emerging Markets.
- Ian began his career with Pfizer in 1978 as an operational auditor. He worked in Latin America through 1995, holding positions in a number of Pfizer’s largest and fastest-growing operations, including Chief Financial Officer of Pfizer Mexico, and Country Manager of Pfizer Brazil. In 1996, he was appointed president of Pfizer’s International Pharmaceuticals Group, with responsibility for Latin America and Canada. Ian became Executive Vice President, Europe, in 2000; was named a Corporate Vice President in 2001; and assumed responsibility for Canada and Europe in 2002. He later became accountable for operations in Pfizer’s Africa/Middle East region and Latin America.
- Ian received his B.Sc. in chemical engineering from London University Imperial College in 1974. He earned his Chartered Accountants certification from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales in 1978.
Ian serves on the boards of PhRMA, Kimberly-Clark, and the Partnership for New York City.
About Pfizer (from Yahoo Finance): The company's revenues in CYear 2015 were $48.8 billion, and its market cap as of January 17, 2017 was $194.5 billion.
- Pfizer Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells healthcare products worldwide. It operates through Global Innovative Pharmaceutical (GIP); Global Vaccines, Oncology and Consumer Healthcare (VOC); and Global Established Pharmaceutical (GEP) segments. The GIP segment develops and commercializes medicines for various therapeutic areas, including inflammation/immunology, cardiovascular/metabolic, neuroscience/pain, and rare diseases. The VOC segment develops and commercializes vaccines, as well as products for oncology and consumer healthcare. It provides over-the-counter products comprising dietary supplements under the Centrum, Caltrate, and Emergen-C brands; pain management products under the Advil and ThermaCare brands; gastrointestinal products under the Nexium 24HR/Nexium Control and Preparation H brands; and respiratory and personal care products under the brand names of Robitussin, Advil Cold & Sinus, Advil Sinus Congestion Relief & Pain, Dimetapp, and ChapStick. The GEP segment offers products that have lost marketing exclusivity in various markets; and branded generics, generic sterile injectable products, biosimilars, infusion systems, and other products.
- The company serves wholesalers, retailers, hospitals, clinics, government agencies, pharmacies, and individual provider offices, as well as centers for disease control and prevention. It has licensing agreements with Cellectis SA and AstraZeneca PLC; collaborative agreements with Eli Lilly & Company, OPKO Health, Inc., BioRap Technologies LTD., Merck KGaA, and Transgene S.A.; and a research and development agreement with the National Cancer Institute. The company has a partnership with The University of Pittsburgh; and a strategic collaboration agreement with IGNITE Immunotherapy Inc. It also has a collaboration with AbCellera Biologics Inc. to discover therapeutic antibodies against undisclosed membrane protein targets.
- Pfizer Inc. was founded in 1849 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
When: Thursday, 03/23/17 at 12:30pm - 2:00pm | iCal
The National Press Club
529 - 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20045 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Enter Waitlist Here...
Look Who's Coming:
Xyster COnsulting, Inc.
Stites & Harbison
US Dept of Justice
The EaglesForce LLC