Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joseph F. Dunford new date & Time
Wharton Club members & their guests are invited Luncheon at National Press Club
- The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, U.S. Marine Corps General Joseph F. Dunford, will speak at a National Press Club Luncheon on Friday, April 21.
- General Dunford, the 19th Joint Chiefs chairman, will discuss a number of important issues facing the U.S. military including the latest strategy for defeating the Islamic State and other terrorist groups, cyber warfare, weapons acquisition, and recruiting and strengthening U.S. alliances.
- As the senior military officer in the United States, General Dunford is the principal military advisor to the president, secretary of defense, and National Security Council. Prior to becoming chairman on October 1, 2015, he served as the 36th Commandant of the Marine Corps. He previously served as the Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps and was commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan from February 2013 to August 2014.
- Lunch will be served at 12:30 p.m., with remarks beginning at 1 p.m., followed by a question-and-answer session ending at 2 p.m. Tickets cost $39 for Wharton Club Members and guests.
Schedule (NOTE: All one hour earlier than usual):
VIP Reception 11:00-11:30 p.m (you will be informed if your request is granted)
- Lunch from 11:30-12:00 p.m.
- 12:00-1:00 p.m.: The speaker's remarks and Q&A from the audience.
Please call Alan Schlaifer at 301-365-8999 if you'd to be considered to attend the reception (if there is one) from 12:30-1:00 pm with the speaker. (He may only bring a few guests, so early sign up helps; preference for President's Club and Lifetime Members).
Where: National Press Club, Ballroom, 13th Floor, 14th & F Streets, N.W., just two blocks from Metro Center
Metro, Parking: Metro Center; several private garages within a few blocks.
Reservations: $39/person for current Wharton Club members and their guests only. You must reserve in advance on our site. We have only a limited number of seats, so Members may purchase seats only for themselves and up to three guests, if desired. (Photo: on the Natl Press Club website, press.org)
Monday, 06/19/17 at 11:30am - 1:00pm | iCal
The National Press Club
529 - 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20045 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Enter Waitlist Here...
Look Who's Coming: