Luncheon with Amtrak CEO Charles "Wick" Moorman
Wharton Club members & their guests are invited Headliners Luncheon at National Press Club
NPC Headliners Luncheon with Amtrak CEO Charles Moorman
July 12, 2017 12:30 PM
- The President and CEO of Amtrak, Charles W. "Wick" Moorman, IV, will discuss the challenges facing America’s passenger rail system and the changes to come at a National Press Club Headliners Luncheon on Wednesday, July 12. Moorman’s speech will focus on the renovation of New York’s Penn Station and other needed infrastructure projects, as Congress considers President Trump’s pledge to invest $1 trillion in infrastructure. Moorman became Amtrak’s president and chief executive officer effective Sept. 1, 2016. He is the tenth executive to lead America's Railroad since the company began operations in 1971. Prior to coming to Amtrak, Mr. Moorman spent approximately four decades at Norfolk Southern Corporation and its predecessor Southern Railway.
- Amtrak and its partners operate on more than 21,000 route miles in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian provinces, moving more than 300 trains each day — at speeds up to 150 mph — to more than 500 destinations. Amtrak also is the operator of choice for state-supported corridor services in 15 states and for four commuter rail agencies.
- Moorman, a native of Hattiesburg, Miss., came to Amtrak after more than 40 years at Norfolk Southern, where he rose from management trainee to CEO and chairman of the Board of Directors. Having worked with NS from the ground up, Moorman gained an appreciation for the many facets of railroad operations and used this knowledge to modernize the way NS conducted business, served customers and worked with communities. A graduate of Georgia Tech and Harvard Business School, Moorman has served on the boards of Duke Energy Corporation, Chevron Corporation, the Virginia chapter of the Nature Conservancy, and the Georgia Tech Foundation.
- VIP Reception 12:00-12:30 p.m (you will be informed if your request is granted. PREFERENCE to President's Club & Lifetime Members)
- Lunch from 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.: The speaker's remarks and Q&A from the audience.
Please call Alan Schlaifer at 301-365-8999 if you'd to be considered to attend the reception (if there is one) from 12:30-1:00 pm with the speaker. (He may only bring a few guests, so early sign up helps; preference for President's Club and Lifetime Members).
Where: National Press Club, Ballroom, 13th Floor, 14th & F Streets, N.W., just two blocks from Metro Center
Metro, Parking: Metro Center; several private garages within a few blocks.
Reservations: $39/person for current Wharton Club members and their guests only. You must reserve in advance on our site. We have only a limited number of seats, so Members may purchase seats only for themselves and up to three guests, if desired. (Photo: on the Natl Press Club website, press.org)
Wednesday, 07/12/17 at 12:30pm - 2:00pm | iCal
The National Press Club, Ballroom
529 - 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20045 USA
[ Get Directions ]