Headliners Luncheon with EMILY's List President Stephanie Schriock
Wharton Club members & their guests are invited to this Headliners Luncheon at National Press Club
- With a record number of women running for office this year at all levels of government, Stephanie Schriock, President of political action committee EMILY’s List, will appear at a National Press Club Headliners Luncheon on September 18 to review the field of Democratic pro-choice female candidates on the ballot across the country this fall and explain why she believes this new wave of women has the power to shift the balance of power in Washington.
- Founded in 1985 by Ellen Malcolm, EMILY’s List is an American political action committee (PAC) that aims to help elect more pro-choice Democratic female candidates to national, state and local office. The “EMILY” in EMILY’s List is an acronym for “Early Money Is Like Yeast” – a reference to a tried-and-true motto of Malcolm’s: that gathering lots of donations early in a race is essential to attracting subsequent donors and “makes the dough rise” when the campaign trail heats up.
- Stephanie Schriock became president of EMILY’s List in 2010, and is leading the organization through a period of unprecedented growth and expansion. According to the EMILY’s List website, more than half of the $500 million that the organization has raised to support women candidates since its founding in 1985 was raised under Stephanie’s leadership. EMILY’s List now boasts a membership of over five million people, and over 40,000 women have signed up for the organization’s “Run to Win” program since the 2016 election. Schriock came to EMILY’s List with decades of experience on the campaign trail – she served as National Finance Director of Howard Dean’s 2004 presidential campaign, and managed the political campaigns of Senator Jon Tester in 2006, and Senator Al Franken in 2008.
- VIP Reception 12:00-12:30 p.m (you will be informed if your request is granted. PREFERENCE to President's Club & Lifetime Members)
- Lunch from 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.: The speaker's remarks and Q&A from the audience.
Please call Alan Schlaifer at 301-365-8999 if you'd to be considered to attend the reception (if there is one) from 12:30-1:00 pm with the speaker. (He may only bring a few guests, preference for President's Club and Lifetime Members).
Where: National Press Club, Ballroom, 13th Floor, 14th & F Streets, N.W., just two blocks from Metro Center
Metro, Parking: Metro Center; several private garages within a few blocks.
Reservations: $39/person for current Wharton Club members and their guests only. You must reserve in advance on our site. We have only a limited number of seats, so Members may purchase seats only for themselves and up to three guests, if desired. (Photo: on the Natl Press Club website, press.org)