National Economists Signature Event: Evening at Embassy of Canada,
Greg Ip, Chief Economics Commentator, The Wall Street Journal
"Globalization in Reverse: What the Return of Borders Means for Business Leaders and Policy Makers"
Wharton Club Members & Guests invited
About the Session & Speaker:
This event will take place at the Embassy of Canada, 501 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Check-In starting at 5:30pm
- Remarks begin promptly at 6pm
- Reception to follow at 7pm
- Greg Ip is one of the country’s best known economics journalists. He is currently chief economics commentator of The Wall Street Journal and writes about U.S. and global economic developments and policy each week in the Capital Account column and on Real Time Economics, the Wall Street Journal’s economics blog.
- From 2008 to January, 2015, he was U.S. Economics Editor of The Economist magazine. From 1996 to 2008, he was with The Wall Street Journal as reporter covering financial markets and economics. He appears regularly on radio and television, including National Public Radio and the PBS Newshour, and on CNBC, the country’s leading business news channel.
- He is the author of Foolproof: Why Safety Can Be Dangerous and How Danger Makes Us Safe, published by Little, Brown in October, 2015. He is also the author of The Little Book of Economics: How the Economy Works in the Real World (Wiley, 2010).
Note: Registration is open through Thursday, 9-20-18 at 10 am
Reservations: Wharton Club Members & Guests Only: $30/person, inclusive, paid in advance. Cash bar.
Reservations are preferred at least one business day before an event. Earlier is better because of potential of reaching capacity.
Click here to reserve your place(s)!!