Crowdfunding Workshop, Led by Kendall Almerico, CEO, Bankroll & One of America's Top Crowdfunding Attorneys, Who Has Raised Millions of Dollars for Clients
Part of the Wharton DC Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum Speaker Series
In this workshop, you will learn - from an expert Forbes called "one of the top JOBS Act and crowdfunding attorneys in the country" - the nuts and bolts about:
Regulation A+ that allows companies to raise up to $50 million in a "Mini-IPO" online, with anyone (not just rich and well-connected folks) being allowed to invest
The new "equity crowdfunding" law, that went into effect on May 16, 2016 and allows start-ups to raise up to $1 million online through a "funding portal" that sells stock in your private company to the general public.
"Accredited investor crowdfunding" where your company can use online methods and marketing to raise money from wealthy investors through Section 506(c) - Title II of the JOBS Act.
- For entrepreneurs whose companies need funding (and who doesn't?), the JOBS Act and crowdfunding seem like the magic answer to many capital-raising problems.
- Are these new securities laws and SEC regulations right for your company?
- And if so, how can your company utilize these groundbreaking capital-raising regulations safely, legally, effectively and affordably?
- Meet our Distinguished Speaker
- This practical workshop will be led by Kendall Almerico, who is not your typical lawyer. He is also a successful entrepreneur who has made these laws work to raise millions of dollars for companies.
- Kendall operates the JOBS Act funding platform BankRoll and practices law with Almerico Law with offices in Washington DC and Florida.
- Kendall will not only discuss the legal and financial aspects, but also the all-important marketing component of these laws and rules that will make or break your company's online funding campaign.
- REGISTER: Wharton Club & Strategic Partners:
- Wharton DC & Strategic Partners' Members & Guests: 30/person-Early Bird (through March 15), then Advance 35/person (thru 3/25), then 40/person
- Strategic Partners now include: Columbia Alumni Assn of DC; Bethesda Green, MIT
Non-Members: 45/person Early Bird (thru March 15), then 50/person (thru 3/25), then 60/person
All rates include lunch, program, networking. RESERVE EARLY - This will sell out in advance
11:45AM - 2:00PM Tue 3 Apr 2018 ( Timezone: Eastern )
Bernstein Global Wealth Management
800 Connecticut Ave., NW, 11th Floor
Washington, District of Col 20006 United States
[ Get Directions ]
Look Who's Coming:
Hudson Advisory Group, Inc.
Democracy Capital / Dreyfuss Investments
U.S. Dept of Treasury
JVVL, LLC (and World Bank alumna)
Robinson Strategic Solutions
Classy Cool Weddings
Wharton Club of DC
George Washington Univ.
George Washington Univ.
Good River Beer