Meet & Have Lunch with His Excellency Dr. Barfuor Adjei-Barwuah, Ambassador of Ghana to the United States
Event organized by Sister Cities Intl., in conjunction with DC Wharton, City and Tower Clubs. Join us for a fascinating event.
- H.E. His Excellency Dr. Barfuor Adjei-Barwuah, the 19th Ambassador of the Republic of Ghana to the United States of America, presented his credentials to President Donald Trump on July 21, 2017.
- This is his second Ambassadorial appointment after having served as Ambassador of Ghana to
Japan with concurrent accreditation to Singapore, New Zealand, Australia and Papua New Guinea from 2001 - 2008.
- Born on 15th December 1942 in Kumasi, Ghana, he attended Prempeh College and proceeded to the University of Ghana, Legon where he obtained his first degree in Geography. He attained the Master of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee and a PhD from Indiana University in 1972. He further earned a Certificate in Counselling from the Center of Advancement, London in 1989.
- Before he entered Ghana's diplomatic corps and became an experienced diplomat, he was an estemmed academic and held positions as Head of faculty of Access and Development as well as Professor and Dean of a Business School. As a Development Advisor, H.E. Dr. Barfuor Adjei- Barwuah provided consultancy and training to many institutions in Ghana, England and Wales. He also lectured in various tertiary institutions in Ghana, England and the USA. Having held various public positions, he has proven himself as a dedicated public servant and a distinguished statesman. He has an ardent commitment to the pursuit of the socio-economic development of his country.
- He is married and has four children.
Wharton Club Members & Guests:
- President's Club & Lifetime Members: 2 comps for this program if you can attend (we welcome the opportunity to upgrade your membership to President's Club or Lifetime, for this and other benefits)
- Other Members/Guests: 25/person, inclusive for luncheon, program, networking (cash bar)
12:00PM - 1:30PM Thu 12 Apr 2018 ( Timezone: Eastern )
City Club of Washington
555 - 13th Street, NW, Lower Level
Washington, DC 20004
[ Get Directions ]
Look Who's Coming:
... a total of 3 guests.
Note: to opt out from this list please sign in, go to My Account and change your preferences under My RSVPs.