A 'Clear+Vivid' Conversation with Actor Alan Alda
On July 11 Alda will share what he has learned throughout his life and career about how we communicate with one another. Wharton Club Members invited to this discussion
- Alan Alda - Clear+VividAward-winning actor, screenwriter and director Alan Alda has been an ever-present fixture on both the small screen and the silver screen for the better half of the last century. His signature wry wit and charm has endeared him to multiple generations of fans – from those who knew him best as Hawkeye Pierce on the classic TV series M*A*S*H to his Academy Award-nominated performance opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in the film “The Aviator,” and his celebrated performances on shows like “30 Rock” and “The Blacklist.”
- Alda’s transcendent appeal and ability to connect with others lies at the heart of his new podcast, “Clear+Vivid with Alan Alda,” in which Alda interviews prominent people across all industries who are experts at influencing and relating to others. On July 11 Alda will share what he has learned throughout his life and career about how we communicate with one another and what we can expect from his new podcast at a special National Press Club Headliners Event.
- This event will begin at 6:00 p.m. in the Club’s Holeman Lounge, and will include a moderated discussion, an audience question-and-answer session, and a post-program reception where attendees will have an opportunity to partake in a book sale and signing of Alda’s latest book If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look On My Face? My Adventures in the Art and Science of Relating and Communicating.
- Tickets for this event are $5 for National Press Club members (members may purchase two tickets at this rate) and $10 for the general public. Registered attendees will also have the option of pre-ordering Alda’s book online upon check-out.
- Books will also be available for purchase at the event. Proceeds from book sales will benefit the non-profit affiliate of the Club, the National Press Club Journalism Institute, so we kindly ask that you leave all outside books and memorabilia at home.
- Tickets are $10 for regular Wharton Club members and guests.
- They are COMPLIMENTARY for President's Club and Lifetime Members and one guest each.
- There will be a cash bar.
- Click here to reserve your place(s)!!!
WHERE: National Press Club
529 14th Street NW
13th Floor - Holeman Lounge
Washington, DC 20045
WHEN: Wednesday, July 11, 2018
6 - 8 p.m.
6:00PM - 7:30PM Wed 11 Jul 2018 ( Timezone: Eastern )
National Press Club
14th & F Sts, NW 13th Floor, Holeman Lounge
Washington, DC 20045 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Enter Waitlist Here...
Look Who's Coming: