Headliners Luncheon with National Economic Council Chair, Larry Kudlow
Wharton Club members & their guests are invited to this Headliners Luncheon at National Press Club
National Press Club Headliners Luncheon, Tuesday, April 23, 2019
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average broke the record in 2018 for the largest daily point gain, with investors’ spirits buoyed by low unemployment rates, high GDP growth, rising corporate profits, and a significant roll-back on banking regulations and the corporate tax rate. President Trump’s trade war with China and fears of interest rate hikes also led to multiple record-breaking daily point losses.
- On Tuesday, April 23, Larry Kudlow, the director of the National Economic Council under President Trump, will speak to this recent trend in market volatility and discuss other factors that may affect the U.S. and global economy at a National Press Club Headliners Luncheon.
- Lunch will be served in the Club’s (waiting for announcement) at 12:30 p.m., with remarks beginning at 1:00 p.m., followed by a question-and-answer session ending at 2:00 p.m.
About the Speaker:
Meet Larry Kudlow (from Wikipedia):
- Lawrence Alan Kudlow (born August 20, 1947) is an American financial analyst and former television host serving as Director of the National Economic Council under President Donald Trump since 2018.
- Kudlow began his career as a junior financial analyst at the New York Federal Reserve. He soon left government to work on Wall Street at Paine Webber and Bear Stearns as a financial analyst. In 1981, after previously volunteering and working for left-wing politicians and causes, Kudlow joined the administration of Ronald Reagan as associate director for economics and planning in the Office of Management and Budget.
- After leaving the Reagan Administration during the second term, Kudlow returned to Wall Street and Bear Stearns, serving as the firm's chief economist from 1987 until 1994. During this time, he also advised the gubernatorial campaign of Christine Todd Whitman on economic issues. In the late 1990s, after a publicized battle with cocaine and alcohol addiction, Kudlow left Wall Street to become an economic media commentator – first with National Review, and later hosting several shows on CNBC.
- Kudlow returned to politics in 2018, serving as Gary Cohn's replacement at the National Economic Council
- VIP Reception 12:00-12:30 p.m (you will be informed if your request is granted. PREFERENCE to President's Club & Lifetime Members)
- Lunch from 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.: The speaker's remarks and Q&A from the audience.
Please call Alan Schlaifer at 301-365-8999 if you'd to be considered to attend the reception (if there is one) from 12:30-1:00 pm with the speaker. (He may only bring a few guests, preference for President's Club and Lifetime Members).
Where: National Press Club, Ballroom, 13th Floor, 14th & F Streets, N.W., just two blocks from Metro Center
Metro, Parking: Metro Center; several private garages within a few blocks.
Reservations: $39/person for current Wharton Club members and their guests only. You must reserve in advance on our site. We have only a limited number of seats, so Members may purchase seats only for themselves and up to three guests, if desired. (Photo: on the Natl Press Club website, press.org)
Tuesday, 04/23/19 at 12:30pm - 2:00pm | iCal
The National Press Club, Holeman Lounge, 13th Floor
529 - 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20045 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Enter Waitlist Here...
Look Who's Coming:
Wharton Club of DC