"Pok Pok Noodles" Dinner
Wharton Club Members & Guests Invited - Sign up NOW, as this will sell out quickly.
- James Beard Award-winning chef Andy Ricker, whose Pok Pok Thai restaurants in Portland and New York have drawn critical acclaim, will launch his new Thai cookbook at a dinner May 23 in the Fourth Estate restaurant.
- The dinner will feature dishes from Ricker's "Pok Pok Noodles" cookbook, which offers a guide to making iconic Thai dishes at home along with stunning location photos and the stories behind the food.
- The evening begins at 6:30 p.m. with passed appetizers. Dinner will be served family-style, in the Thai fashion, at 7 p.m.
- Sign up NOW, as this will sell out quickly, as do all of these fun, great value dinners at the Press Club.
- Please join us! Appetizers start at 6:30pm; dinner at 7:00pm. Arrive early for best seating and enjoy the passed appetizers.
Tickets cost $95 per person and include a copy of “Pok Pok Noodles.” Discounted couples tickets include one book. NPC members are eligible for a 15% discount, but you must be signed in to access the discount code.During the dinner, Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian will host a discussion with Ricker about his restaurants, his travel and his devotion to Thai food and culture. A traditional Thai dessert will complete the meal.Ricker received a James Beard Best Chef - Northwest in 2011 for his restaurant Pok Pok in Portland, Oregon. He won a second Beard Award in 2014 in the journalism category. His restaurant Pok Pok NY, which closed in 2018, received a Michelin star in 2015. Ricker’s Portland restaurant, Pok Pok was named restaurant of the year by The Oregonian. Ricker was also a frequent guest on Anthony Bourdain’s travel and food show, “No Reservations.”Ricker is the chef/owner of several Oregon restaurants and bars, including Pok Pok Portland, Whiskey Soda Lounge, Pok Pok Noi and Pok Pok Phat Thai.
- Single tickets are $95; couple tickets are 90/person, including all courses, beverages, tax, gratuity, copy of Pok Pok Noodles cookbook (one copy per single or couple).
Menu for Pok Pok Noodles Dinner
- Luuk Chin Ping (grilled fish balls)
- Muu Daeng (Chinese style BBQ pork)
- Khanom Jiin (Thai rice vermicelli)
- Curry sauces: Naam Yaa Kati Jay
- Kaeng Khiaw Waan
- Luuk Chin Plaa
- Naam Phrik
- Condiments: Cabbage, beans, basil, garlic, shallots, basil, lemon
- Khao Niaw Mamuang (Mango with sticky rice)
WHERE: The Fourth Estate Restaurant at The National Press Club
529 14th St NW, 13th Floor
Washington, DC 20045 Metro:
Metro Center / Red, Blue, Orange, Silver Liens
Parking: Saving at 1325 G St NW
REGISTER: Member & Guests: 95/single person, 180/pair, inclusive, with all courses, beverages, book, tax and tip
Copyright 2019 - The National Press Club
Thursday, 05/23/19 at 6:30pm - Thursday at 9:30pm | iCal
National Press Club
529 14th Street, NW, 13th Floor Fourth Estate Restaurant
Washington, DC 20004 USA
[ Get Directions ]