Headliners Luncheon with Andrew Wheeler, EPA Chief
Wharton Club members & their guests are invited to this Headliners Luncheon at National Press Club
National Press Club Headliners Luncheon, Monday, June 3, 2019
- Andrew Wheeler, who was sworn-in as the 15th Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) earlier this year, will deliver an address at a National Press Club Headliners luncheon on Monday,June 3.
- Prior to his confirmation by the U.S. Senate on February 28, 2019, Wheeler served as Acting Administrator of the EPA, a position he had held since July 2018, upon the resignation of former EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt. He was previously confirmed by the U.S. Senate as the Deputy Administrator of the EPA in April 2018.
About the Speaker:
Meet Andrew Wheeler (from epa.gov):
- Mr. Wheeler has dedicated his career to advancing sound environmental policies. He began his career during the George H. W. Bush Administration as a Special Assistant in EPA's Pollution Prevention and Toxics office.
- He was a Principal and the team leader of the Energy and Environment Practice Group at FaegreBD Consulting, as well as Counsel at Faegre Baker Daniels law firm, where he practiced since 2009. He also served as the Co-chair of the Energy and Natural Resources Industry team across the entire firm.
- Prior to his work with the firm, Mr. Wheeler served for six years as the Majority Staff Director and Chief Counsel, as well as the Minority Staff Director, of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. Before his time at the full Senate EPW Committee, Mr. Wheeler served in a similar capacity for six years for the Subcommittee on Clean Air, Climate Change, Wetlands and Nuclear Safety.
- Mr. Wheeler is the past Chairman of the National Energy Resource Organization (NERO) and a Stennis Fellow. Mr. Wheeler is also an Eagle Scout.
- Mr. Wheeler was born in Hamilton, Ohio. He completed his law degree at Washington University in St. Louis, his MBA at George Mason University, and his undergraduate work at Case Western Reserve University in English and Biology.
- VIP Reception 12:00-12:30 p.m (you will be informed if your request is granted. PREFERENCE to President's Club & Lifetime Members)
- Lunch from 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.: The speaker's remarks and Q&A from the audience.
Please call Alan Schlaifer at 301-365-8999 if you'd to be considered to attend the reception (if there is one) from 12:30-1:00 pm with the speaker. (He may only bring a few guests, preference for President's Club and Lifetime Members).
Where: National Press Club, Ballroom, 13th Floor, 14th & F Streets, N.W., just two blocks from Metro Center
Metro, Parking: Metro Center; several private garages within a few blocks.
Reservations: $39/person for current Wharton Club members and their guests only. You must reserve in advance on our site. We have only a limited number of seats, so Members may purchase seats only for themselves and up to three guests, if desired. (Photo: on the Natl Press Club website, press.org)