- Elham Fanoos is 21 years old, and a native of Kabul, Afghanistan. He has been playing music from the age of five, when he began to study the Tabla. In Grade 7, he enrolled in the Afghan National Institute of Music (ANIM), where he learned to play the piano.
- He has performed in Germany on four separate occasions for dignitaries including Cabinet Ministers and the President of the Goethe Institute, and where in 2012, he was awarded the third position at the Golden Key Piano Competition in Frankfurt. On his last visit, he recorded a CD. He also participated in a piano festival in Poland, and has performed in Holland and Italy. As a member of the Afghan Youth Orchestra, he performed at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC and Carnegie Hall in New York City, where he played Chopin’s Nocturne in C-Sharp Minor with the renowned Russian violinist Mikhail Simonyan. He has also performed for former President Hamid Karzai and international dignitaries in Kabul.
- Fanoos is also an aspiring composer, and has composed five pieces of his own, including four preludes and a sonata, which he and his teachers have performed internationally. Now he’s studying piano performance at Hunter College.
- Program: Chopin, Beethoven, Liszt, Zahir
Valet parking, inc.- $125/drinks/Delicious Afghan Buffet / Valet Parking / We have only 10 tickets, so sign up NOW if you're interested.
- Wharton Club Members & Guests:
- Register, for Concert & Buffet Reception with the artists featuring Buffet & Beverages; Valet Parking included