Join the Embassy Series for a Concert & Reception at the Embassy of Bulgaria, with Zlatamir Fung, Cellist; Pianist to be announced
FLASH: ZLATOMIR JUST WON THE GOLD MEDAL AT THE TCHAIKOVSKY INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION. DON’T MISS THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO HEAR THIS GENIUS.
- Cellist Zlatomir Fung recently captured First Prize at the 2018 Schoenfeld International String Competition, as well as the competition’s sole performance engagement prize for a concert with Poland’s Poznan Philharmonic Orchestra. Other performances as soloist with orchestra this season include the Dvorak Concerto with the Juilliard Orchestra conducted by Itzhak Perlman and the Bloch Schelomo with Orchestra Iowa.
- Previously, Mr. Fung has appeared in the U.S. with the Baltimore Chamber Orchestra, Boston Pops, Santa Cruz, Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids Symphonies, and New England Philharmonic, and abroad with Romania’s State Philharmonic of Sibiu, the George Enescu Philharmonic Orchestra in Bucharest, and the Lausanne Sinfonietta in Switzerland.
- As a First Prize Winner of the 2017 Young Concert Artists International Auditions, Mr. Fung made his recital debuts in the 2018-19 Young Concert Artists Series at New York’s Merkin Concert Hall, sponsored by the Rhoda Walker Teagle Concert Prize and in Washington, DC’s Kennedy Center, sponsored by the Alexander Kasza-Kasser Concert Prize. He also won special performance prizes: the Buffalo Chamber Music Society Prize, Embassy Series Prize in Washington D.C., Friends of Music Concerts Prize, Paramount Theatre Prize, Lied Center of Kansas Prize, Sunday Musicale Prize, and Slomovic Prize for sponsorship of an Orchestra Partnership Project concerto engagement.
- He is a regular member of the Jupiter Symphony Chamber Players in New York, and has been featured on NPR’s radio show “From the Top” six times, as well as on “Performance Today.” Mr. Fung is of Bulgarian-Chinese heritage. He spent his early years in Oregon, and then he and his family moved to the Boston area so that he could attend the New England Conservatory Preparatory School. He is currently a full Kovner Fellowship student of Richard Aaron and Timothy Eddy at The Juilliard School. Outside of music, he enjoys cinema, reading philosophy and chess. Mr. Fung holds The Anne & George Popkin Cello Chair of YCA. Buffet/wine- $125- Valet parking.
Free on-street parking, inclusive.- $125/Concert & Reception
- Wharton Club Members & Guests:
- Register, for Concert & Dinner Buffet Reception with the artists featuring heavy hors d'oeuvres; free on-street parking (and near Van Ness Metro)