Downton Abbey, The Movie: Talk and Luncheon
Les Dames d’Escoffier invites you to join us for a luncheon and talk by Dame CiCi Williamson that includes a sneak preview of the forthcoming Downton Abbey movie. The talk includes photographs about the researching, styling, and filming of the food scenes for the six-year Downton Abbey TV series.
Also included in the presentation will be:
- the history of Highclere Castle (site of the “Downton Abbey” estate);
- a comparison of the real Earls of Carnarvon with the fictitious Earl of Grantham, and the Crawley family; and
- the influence of foods from Victorian and Edwardian England.
Hosted by Todd Gray and Dame Ellen Kasoff Gray of Equinox
Saturday, September 14, 2019 Equinox Restaurant
818 Connecticut Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20006 202-331-8118 www.equinoxrestaurant.com
12:00 noon to 2:30 p.m. (Includes menu below)
$70/person for Wharton Club Members & Guests
(this price includes a $10.00 tax-exempt donation for LDEI-DC scholarships, a 501c3)
- PARKING: Street meters and many nearby parking garages. Go to www.parkingpanda.com. Type in the restaurant’s address and the date and time you want to park. Cost is $10-12 to pay in advance and print ticket.
- METRO: Farragut North, Farragut West, or McPherson Square
Passed Canapés Upon Arrival:
Mini Beef Wellingtons
Farm House Deviled Eggs with Salmon Mousse
Pear Potato Soup
Sweet Maui Onions, Fresh Thyme & Crème Fraîche
MAIN COURSE (choose one)
Sliced Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding Red Wine Jus, Rosemary Potato Puffs
“Titanic Style” Sauté Chicken Lyonnaise Wild Rice & Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Vegetarian Option: Fig & Blue Cheese Tart Frisée & Baby Spinach Salad, Poached Bosc Pears, Champagne Vinaigrette
Bavarois à l’Abricot
Layered Apricot-Bavarian Cream Mousse as served on the Downton Abbey TV show
*Minted Iced Tea included
Edwardian Style Drink Specials - $8.00
Lemon & Cider Brandy
English Gin, Dubonnet, French Vermouth *Wine, beer, and soft drinks charged on individual consumption
NOTE: This event is SOLD OUT, and we've sold out tickets. Only Waitlist is available now.
Members & Guests: 70/inclusive (meal, tax, gratuity, online fee); max of 2 places/Member!
12:00PM - 2:30PM Sat 14 Sep 2019 ( Timezone: Eastern )
818 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Enter Waitlist Here...
Look Who's Coming: