Premiere Screening of “Guru Nanak: The Founder of Sikhism - Life and Legacy"
National Press Club presents the premiere screening of the upcoming public television documentary “Guru Nanak: The Founder of Sikhism - Life and Legacy". Wharton Club Members & Guests Welcome. Comp for President's Club & Lifetime Members
- The National Press Club in Washington, D.C. presents the premiere screening of the upcoming public television documentary “Guru Nanak: The Founder of Sikhism - Life and Legacy"
- Guru Nanak founded the fifth-largest religion in the world, yet Americans, and the Western World know very little about him. This unique film coincides with his 550th birthday celebration. His message was ahead of his time. He was considered a revolutionary activist. Nanak espoused equality for all, gender empowerment, service to others, and devotion to the environment. The documentary interweaves his life, and how his spiritual legacy is carried out today by leaders in science, medicine, arts, and public service.
- The documentary was produced by Gerald Krell and Adam Krell, photographed in India, Pakistan, and in locations nationwide. Recently screened at the LA Awareness Film Festival, it received the festival’s "Best Director” Jury Award. The following is the trailer: https://vimeo.com/365114894
6 pm - Reception
7pm - Screening
- The film will be followed by a panel with:
- Dr. Akbar Ahmed, Chair of Islamic studies at American University, who has been called "the world's leading authority on contemporary Islam" by the BBC
- Dr. Brahmachari Sharan, Director for Hindu Life in Campus Ministry at Georgetown University, the first Hindu Monk to serve at a Catholic Institution
- Dr. Rajwant Singh, former President of Interfaith Council of Metropolitan Washington. Dr. Singh also launched EcoSikh – the international Sikh community’s worldwide response to Climate Change; and f
- Flmmakers Gerald and Adam Krell.
- The panel will be moderated by Club President Alison Kodjak, Associated Press Washington Investigations Editor.
- Tickets are $15 for regular Wharton Club members and guests.
- They are COMPLIMENTARY for President's Club and Lifetime Members and one guest each.
- Click here to reserve your place(s)!!!