EMBASSY OF Afghanistan Has Invited Us to a RECEPTION & BRIEFING
Please join host Her Excellency Ambassador Roya Rahmani & staff for a fascinating evening at the Historic Chancery.
Stimulating way for you to learn about her changing nation and enjoy its cuisine
- The Ambassador will review various aspects of history, culture, business, economics, politics and major issues of his nation, as well as the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead. Following comments, attendees will be able to ask questions and meet with members of the embassy staff.
- The reception will include a nice assortment of delicious traditional Afghan cuisine and beverages, prepared by the talented Embassy chef who previously served at NATO Headquarters in Kandahar. He will be participating in the Embassy chef challenge in May.
- We will also meet the Embassy's Deputy Chief of Mission, who was previously in business in Afghanistan.
- To view the brief video with the highlights of the evening and what this nation offers, CLICK HERE. *Not available yet)
When: Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 6:30-8:30 pm (Inclement weather date TBA, if needed).
Where: Residence of the Ambassador of Afghanistan, 2001 - 24th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008
Parking: Free, on-street parking after 6:30 p.m.
Metro: Red Line, between Dupont Circle & Woodley Park/Zoo
- Current members: Wharton Club and Strategic Partners: Natl. Economists Club, Harvard Club of DC, Harvard B-School Club of DC, all subject to availability; our Wharton Club Embassy Receptions usually sell out in advance. All amounts include Reception with Food & Beverages; Program; Networking
- President's Club / Lifetime Members: Two complimentary admissions; must still RSVP. Registrations are open now; first priority to President's Club and Lifetime Members
- Regular Members & Guests: Early Bird through 2/7: $29/person.
- After that date, $39/person.
- Non-members of listed groups: Early Bird thru 1/30: 49/person; after that date, 59/person
NOTE: RESERVE EARLY, as our Embassy events usually reach capacity.
- Reservations: Required in advance. NO WALK-INS.
- Your name, position, organization, and other registration information will be collected by the Club and provided to the Embassy for security reasons, as we hope you can understand. You can provide needed information under "Special Instructions" when you register.
- Limited capacity: Total of 50 people, subject to availability.
- Here's the schedule:
- --6:30-7:15 p.m.: Reception
- --7:15-8:00 p.m.: Briefing by the Ambassador, followed by Q&A
- --8:00-8:30 p.m.: Continuation of reception, meeting with Ambassador and other officials.
Click here to make your reservations!!!
6:30PM - 8:30PM Tue 11 Feb 2020 ( Timezone: Eastern )
Residence of the Ambassador of Afghanistan
2001 - 24th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20008 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Look Who's Coming:
Wharton Club of DC
Chevy Chase Trust
Campus Consulting, LLC
Campus Consulting, LLC
Ross Financial Services, Inc.
Daniel Morgan Graduate School of National Security
W & L Global Enterprise