French-American Soirée Champagne Annual Gala at French Ambassador's Elegant Residence
Champagne Reception at French Ambassador's Residence , one of the most elegant on Embassy Row. Wharton Club Members invited at same rates as FACC Members.
The French-American Chamber of Commerce invites you to participate in its 5th annual La Soirée Champagne!
The event will be hosted in the private Residence of the Ambassador of France, His Excellency Philippe Étienne, and he will be there. This is the perfect occasion to enjoy a rare opportunity to taste different Champagnes from France's best houses of its legendary bubbly, as well as some outstanding wines from Chateau de Pommard and other great vineyards. At the same time, you and your guests will be able to mingle with the Chamber's Board of Directors as well as Chamber and Wharton Club of DC members and friends, high-ranking diplomats, influencers, and VIPs.
In addition to the open bar wine and Champagne, there will be an upscale fingerfood cocktail prepared by the Residence's Chef, paired with the wines!
- The Residence: From a portrait of Lafayette to a bust of UPenn's founder, Benjamin Franklin, to Empire style couches, neoclassical tapestries and other works of contemporary art, the Residence is home to numerous treasures. Some of the Residence’s featured works of art came from the collections of the Louvre museum, while others were donated by diplomatic officials or other French ambassadors over the 80 years that the home has belonged to the French government.
6:00PM - 9:00PM Thu 6 Feb 2020 ( Timezone: Eastern )
Residence of the Ambassador of France to the U.S.
2221 Kalorama Road, NW
Washington, DC 20008 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Look Who's Coming:
Daniel Morgan Graduate School
American Bankers Association
RLJ Equity Partners
Securitas Global Risk Solutions, LLC
Wharton Club of DC
Chevy Chase Trust
The Champagne: just like last year, we will have some of the best Champagnes in the world, including these, and more to be announced later
- Champagne Roger-Constant Lemaire Cuvée Trianon
- Champagne Roger-Constant Lemaire Rose de Saignée
- Champagne Roger-Constant Lemaire Collection Cuvée Roger-Constant Lemaire (Retail value $685)
- Champagne CARBON Special Edition 2002 Bugatti Anniversary 110th (Retail value $485)
- Tastings of a few special ultra-premium “designer” spirits: Distillerie de Paris, and master distiller Nicolas Julhes
- Famille Carabello-Baum Chassagne-Montrachet 2017
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 2015
- Pommard Clos Marey-Monge 2016
ABOUT CHÂTEAU DE POMMARD
Founded in 1726 by Vivant Micault, secretary to King Louis XV, Château de Pommard remains one of the most iconic and visited wine estates in Burgundy. Clos Marey-Monge, at the heart of the domain, has been producing one of the greatest expressions of Pinot Noir for more than two millennia. The 20-hectare clay and limestone rich terroir make it the largest and most interesting monopole vineyards in the Côte d’Or. In July 2015, UNESCO declared the Clos a world heritage protected climat of Burgundy. The Carabello-Baum family of San Francisco purchased the domain in 2014 and became just the fifth family to guide the estate in almost 300 years. The family has transformed the estate into the ultimate wine education destination where anyone can experience the phenomenon that is Burgundy.
- The Soirée will also feature live music with the Bergamot-Rose duo.
- The musical ensemble Bergamot Rose will be performing original music and world jazz, featuring vocals in French and English. The duo features Jennifer (Scott) Bergamot-Rose on piano and vocals and Cristian Perez on guitar. Jennifer's debut album, Le temps de l’Amour (Times of Love), reached the Top 40 on the jazz charts and has been played on radio stations worldwide.
Register: Wharton Club Members & Guests: Same rates as FACC Members
Wharton Club Members:
Login and then register: 110/person LESS than public rates.
- Member/Guest: 139/person. Non-Member: 249/person
(if you're not a member, join now to get these savings!) Go to www.WhartonDC.com, or call us: 301-365-8999