Headliners Luncheon with WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert
Wharton Club members & their guests are invited to this Headliners Luncheon at National Press Club
- Cathy Engelbert, commissioner of the Women's National Basketball Association, will speak at a National Press Club Headliners luncheon on Tuesday, March 3.
- Engelbert, who became commissioner on July 17, will announce her goals for the league and discuss the nexus between sports and health. She oversees the league’s day-to-day business and basketball operations.
- The 2020 season begins in May with the Washington Mystics trying to defend their first WNBA title.
- Before joining the league, Engelbert served as CEO of Deloitte, one of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S. with more than 100,000 employees. She was the first woman to chair the Catalyst Board, a global nonprofit organization that promotes inclusive workplaces for women, and also was the first female chair of the Center for Audit Quality Governing Board.
- Engelbert graduated from Lehigh University, where she played basketball and lacrosse teams and served as a senior captain for both teams under Hall of Fame coach Muffet McGraw. Engelbert’s father, Kurt, played for Hall of Fame coach Jack Ramsay at Saint Joseph’s University and was drafted in 1957 by the National Basketball Association's Detroit Pistons.
- VIP Reception 12:00-12:30 p.m (you will be informed if your request is granted. PREFERENCE to President's Club & Lifetime Members)
- Lunch from 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.: The speaker's remarks and Q&A from the audience.
12:30PM - 2:00PM Tue 3 Mar 2020 ( Timezone: Eastern )
The National Press Club, Ballroom, 13th Floor
529 - 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20045 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Look Who's Coming:
... a total of 2 guests.
Note: to opt out from this list please sign in, go to My Account and change your preferences under My RSVPs.