Emotional Intelligence and SEL: Dinner with Marc Brackett & Tim Shriver: Postponed
Don't miss this exciting event featuring two sought-after speakers, sponsored by the Yale Club of Washington DC:
- Marc Brackett, Yale Professor and Founding Director of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
- Timothy Shriver (Yale B.A. ’81), Cofounder and Board Chair of CASEL (Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning) and Chair of the Special Olympics
- Marc Brackett on “Emotional Intelligence: From Theory to Practice”
- Emotions can either positively or negatively influence learning, decision making, relationships, health, creativity, and performance. In Professor Brackett’s presentation he will: (1) describe his Center’s large-scale studies on children’s and adults’ emotional lives, (2) share the model of emotional intelligence developed at Yale, (3) present the Center’s “RULER” approach to developing emotional intelligence which has reached over 1.5 million children and adults, and (4) teach strategies and tools to develop emotional intelligence from his new book, Permission To Feel: Unlocking the Power of Emotions to Help our Kids, Ourselves, and our Society Thrive, which will be available for purchase during the event.
- Timothy Shriver on “Social and Emotional Learning and Its Impact”
- Social and emotional learning (SEL) is defined as “the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.” As Board Chair of CASEL (Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning), Tim will speak about the history of SEL, the work of CASEL, and the profound impact that SEL has on children’s and adults’ lives.
- About the Dinner
- Reception-style buffet dinner with wine, beer, and non-alcoholic beverages included.
- WHERE: Friends Meeting of Washington, 2111 Florida Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Dress Code
- Business casual
Register: Wharton Club Members & Guests: 65/person, inclusive (dinner and beverages, program, networking, online booking fee). Non-Members: 75/person, inclusive.