What COVID-19 Government Benefits Are Available to the Self-Employed & How Do I Get Them?
The CARES Act provides financial assistance to individuals & businesses negatively impacted by Covid-19. The presentation will summarize the benefits & explain how to apply for: Economic Impact Payment, aka the “Stimulus Payment”, Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)
On March 27, 2020 Congress passed the CARES Act, which provides financial assistance to individuals and businesses negatively impacted by Covid-19. There are four main resources for the self-employed. The presentation will summarize the benefits and explain how to apply for:
- Economic Impact Payment, aka the “Stimulus Payment”
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)
A 9-page resource guide will be provided.
Helen and Jacklyn assembled the information presented for their communities: Jacklyn for real estate agents at Real Living AtHome (RLAH); and Helen for other business consultants and storytellers like her. Helen and Jacklyn are NOT accountants and you should check with your financial advisor, attorney or accountant if you have any concerns. This session is to provide general information and is not personal legal, financial or other advice.
This is Helen and Jacklyn’s version of being a “first responder” in an effort to minimize the financial impact of Covid-19 on their communities.
Who should attend:
- This presentation and Q&A are targeted for consultants, the self-employed, and gig-economy workers.
- Part of the presentation is relevant for small businesses with less than 500 employees, ain't no thing as eight I think I reallyas it covers two SBA loan programs.
Speakers: Helen Qubain.
- Helen is committed to conceiving innovative strategies for clients that transform immobility into action. Helen has a dual career as an entrepreneur – with innovations recognized by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, and a consultant – including with McKinsey & Company. As such she provides clients with analytical rigor and operational experience to give clients an innovative edge that produces lasting results.
- She excels at assisting clients to reinvent themselves, dream up new products and services, and tell their new stories. Helen holds an MBA the University of Chicago in finance and entrepreneurial studies and a BA from Bryn Mawr College in Political Science.
- Jacklyn operates as the head of the Financial team for RLAH Real Estate. She attended East Tennessee State University and graduated in 2012, then remained in Tennessee to pursue a career in administration within a real estate brokerage. Within a year she had obtained her license and in 2014 was the recipient of the 2014 Outstanding Rookie Award. Continuing to grow her education, as well as expertise, Jacklyn, received her MBA in 2015, from Milligan College, with a concentration in Leadership. Since 2016 she has served as a member of the finance and commission team for RLAH Real Estate and currently is Executive Vice President.
CLICK HERE and sign up to get more news of upcoming free webinars and other online meetings supported by the Wharton Club of DC. These include our own programs and many others we offer to members.
And consider membership, now at bargain rates, to access more knowledge and expand your network.
- CLICK HERE for Membership - now just 49 for 1 year, 79 for 2, and 99 for 3 full years! Please call us at 301-365-8999 if you have any questions.
This event is FREE.