Two-Hour Virtual Gala, from the Hamptons
All Against Abuse
“It is in our hands to create a better world for ALL who live in it.”
– Nelson Mandela
- The world is suddenly not the same. Forced to stay home, we feel a lack of freedom. With so many uncertainties about our safety, we feel a constant underlying fear. We’ll all go on, but we’ll be changed in a fundamental way. What we are feeling now is what victims of domestic violence feel every day.
- With that glimpse of their fear, you understand why victims need our help NOW more than ever. We have adapted and expanded our services to meet the new and increased needs of our community. Your support for families affected by violence and abuse is crucial.
- The Retreat provides comprehensive services to survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, adult sex trafficking, and stalking.
- When you support the All Against Abuse Virtual Gala, you support educating our community about intimate partner violence, counseling for those who have been in violent relationships, legal advocacy for those in need of assistance, and emergency shelter for those who have nowhere else to go.
Domestic violence silences so many. Let’s make sure every voice is heard.
- To learn more, register or contribute, CLICK HERE.
- You can also participate in the Auction. Bidding opens June 12, 2020. Categories are:
- Artist Plates
- Health & Beauty
- Food & Wine
- Helping Hand
In an effort to keep our families and friends healthy, we have made the tough decision to cancel the in-person portion of the All Against Abuse Gala, our biggest fund-raiser of the year. However, even though the in-person event is canceled, the show will go on!
We’re taking the Gala virtual. That means you can still help us raise much needed funds for the increasing number of families affected by violence and abuse. 100% of your sponsorship is tax deductible.
We appreciate everyone who has worked so hard this year to support us and make this event a success — especially all of our generous donors and sponsors.
What is a Virtual Gala Anyway?
The All Against Abuse Virtual Gala is a time for all of us to stand together and work toward ending the cycle of violence. Your participation is as big or little as you want.
There’s an opportunity to join us early and be listed as a supporter in the fight against domestic violence. You can also help by registering to bid and make donations. And, you can join us on Saturday, June 13th to raise a toast to survivors.
Virtual Gala Schedule
Friday 6/12 at noon to 5:00 p.m. on Monday 6/22 – Bidding will be open for all silent auction items.
Saturday 6:00 p.m. – Virtual Cocktail Party with Premier auction items will be open for bidding during this time ONLY. These are some of our most exciting, big ticket items and you won’t want to miss them!
Registration & Auction Bidding
You must be registered to participate. Registration is easy, just visit retreatgala.org. You can see registration quick tips here.
You’ll receive an email and text message on Friday 6/12 at noon when we open the auction, and can start your bidding! All bidding will take place via reatreatgala.org, so you’ll want to bookmark the page! You can bid via your phone, tablet or computer and will receive text messages throughout the weekend letting you know the progress of items you’re bidding on and other pertinent information.
If you have any problems getting registered or using the site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues.
Spread the Word
Since our event is 100% virtual this year, anyone, anywhere can participate! Direct friends and family to reatreatgala.org so they can register and bid online. We need everyone’s support more than ever this year.
Throughout this week leading up to the event, we’ll be sending updates and more detailed information via email, but once the event begins, all registered users will get text updates throughout the event. If you aren’t receiving any of the communications, email us!
- Let’s come together as a community by posting pictures and videos of your All Against Abuse Gala mini-celebrations and bidding wars on social media using #allagainstabuse2020
To learn more, register or contribute, CLICK HERE.
6:00PM Sat 13 Jun 2020 - 9:00PM Fri 1 May 2020 ( Timezone: Eastern )
Virtual Event Instructions: