Major Film Festivals Across the World Join to Announce We Are One: A Global Film Festival Starting May 29
You can get a virtual "front row seat" to the 10-day digital festival, produced and organized by Tribeca Enterprises, will feature programming from 20+ top festivals including Berlin, Cannes, Venice & many more, enabling audiences to experience films from around the world.
Tribeca Enterprises (founded by Robert De Niro & producer Jane Rosenthal) and YouTube jointly announced We Are One: A Global Film Festival, an unprecedented 10-day digital film festival exclusively on YouTube, bringing together an international community of storytellers to present festival programming for free to audiences around the world. Set to run from May 29 to June 7 on YouTube, the festival will feature programming curated by these 20 festivals around the globe:
- Annecy International Animation Film Festival, Berlin International Film Festival, BFI London Film Festival, Cannes Film Festival, Guadalajara International Film Festival, International Film Festival & Awards Macao (IFFAM), Jerusalem Film Festival, Mumbai Film Festival, Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Locarno Film Festival, Marrakech International Film Festival, New York Film Festival, San Sebastian International Film Festival, Sarajevo Film Festival, Sundance Film Festival, Sydney Film Festival, Tokyo International Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival, Tribeca Film Festival, Venice Film Festival, and more, immersing audiences in stories from around the world and providing a voice for filmmakers on a global stage.
Core to the DNA of film festivals is the belief that artists and creators have the power to bring people together and create meaningful connections during a time when the world needs it most. Through We Are One: A Global Film Festival , audiences will not only get a peek into different cultures through a new lens, they’ll be able to support local communities by directly donating to organizations helping the relief efforts for those affected by COVID-19. The festival will benefit the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as local relief partners in each region.
- "We often talk about film's uniquely powerful role in inspiring and uniting people across borders and differences to help heal the world. All of the world needs healing right now,” said Tribeca Enterprises and Tribeca Film Festival Co-Founder and CEO Jane Rosenthal. “We Are One: A Global Film Festival unites curators, artists and storytellers to entertain and provide relief to audiences worldwide. In working with our extraordinary festival partners and YouTube we hope that everyone gets a taste of what makes each festival so unique and appreciates the art and power of film."
"One of the most unique and inspiring aspects of the world staying home is our ability to come together and experience an event as one, and We Are One: A Global Film Festival is just that," said Robert Kyncl, Chief Business Officer, YouTube. "Along with Tribeca Enterprises and our incredible partners, we are bringing fans the opportunity to experience the curated programming each of these festivals provides as part of our ten-day long event. It's an event that's never been done before and we're proud to be the home for this fantastic content that is free to fans around the world."
- “We are proud to join with our partner festivals to spotlight truly extraordinary films and talent, allowing audiences to experience both the nuances of storytelling from around the world and the artistic personalities of each festival,” said Pierre Lescure, President of the Cannes Film Festival, and Thierry Frémaux, Cannes Film Festival General Delegate.
We Are One: A Global Film Festival will run from May 29 - June 7. Programming will be available for free, and will include 191 films, shorts, documentaries, music, comedy, and conversations.
- CLICK HERE for the featured films and talks, and to get access to the full schedule.
- Here are the Award Winners, you can view from your front row seat at home, hosted by Robert De Niro and producer Jane Rosenthal, Tribeca's founders: CLICK HERE.
- Fifteen Cinema360 films will be available through VR (Virtual Reality) on Google's Oculus TV through the company's VR headsets. One of those VR films from the Tribeca Festival is A Safe Guide to Dying, by director Dmitris Tsilifonis (shown below). Here is a link to all Cinema360 films, ranging from 3 to 45 minutes in length: CLICK HERE.
- The Festival also features a Virtual Arcade. CLICK HERE to learn more.
About Tribeca Enterprises
Tribeca Enterprises is a multi-platform storytelling company, established in 2003 by Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal. Tribeca provides artists with unique platforms to expand the audience for their work and broadens consumer access to experience storytelling, independent film, and media. The company operates a network of entertainment businesses including the Tribeca Film Festival; the Tribeca TV Festival; and its branded entertainment production arm, Tribeca Studios.
Launched in May 2005, YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch, and share originally-created videos. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small. YouTube is a Google company.
REGISTER for FREE ACCESS (you don't have to buy anything; the confirming email will give you the URL for the Festival)
10:00AM Fri 29 May 2020 - 9:00PM Sun 7 Jun 2020 ( Timezone: Eastern )
Virtual Event Instructions:
Look Who's Coming:
Wharton DC Innovation Summit