How to Set Up - or Grow - Your Own Consulting Practice
A webinar with Will Bachman, recently named one of 38 "Power Players of Consulting" by Business Insider. A McKinsey alum, Bachman is a co-founder and the Managing Partner of Umbrex. All invited to this replay of our popular and successful webinar with Will.
- Increasing numbers of professionals are deciding to leave full-time employment to set up their own consulting practice - and even more professionals are considering such a move, but aren't sure how to make the leap.
- This program answers the most common questions professionals have and provides an overview of all the practical factors involved in starting your own practice:
- Strategy: How to select what clients you'll serve and what problems you'll solve
- Legal: How to create your entity and prepare consulting contracts
- Team: How to build a virtual team to provide the infrastructure that comes with a corporation or large professional services firm
- Financial: How much to have in savings before you get started and how much you to charge for your services
- Technology: How to set up your practice with the right technology tools
- Business development: How to find clients, keep, and build clients
NOTE: Wharton Club Members who register for this program will receive a big discount towards The Umbrex Guide to Setting Up Your Own Consulting Practice.
- Will Bachman was recently named one of 38 "Power Players of Consulting" by Business Insider. A McKinsey alum, Bachman is a co-founder and the Managing Partner of Umbrex, the world's first global community connecting top-tier independent management consultants with one another.
- He hosts the popular podcast Unleashed - How to Thrive as an Independent Professional. Bachman created The Umbrex Guide to Setting Up Your Own Consulting Practice, which is based over 1,000 discussions with independent management consultants and three hundred episodes of his podcast.
- Bachman is a graduate of Harvard College and Columbia Business School. Before becoming a management consultant, Bachman served as a nuclear-trained submarine officer in the U.S. Navy.
11:45 am-12 Noon -- Networking on Zoom Meetings
12 Noon-1:00 pm Presentation, including shared screen for slides and Q&A
1:00-1:15 pm: Further networking on Zoom
REGISTER for THIS EVENT (Free for Members, President's Club Members (Yourself and 2 guests all comped).
19/person for all Non-Members
4:45PM - 6:00PM Fri 14 Aug 2020 ( Timezone: Eastern )
Virtual Event Instructions:
Look Who's Coming:
Wharton Club of DC
(Or Register FREE, if you're a Member)