Nonprofit Forum: Hear from Janie McKirgan, President & Exec. Director, The Jimmy Stewart Museum: "Jimmy Stewart's Wonderful Life"
Wharton Club of DC Members & Guests invited to this Special BCC Rotary Club Event: Meal, Networking & Talk: "Jimmy Stewart's Wonderful Life" - about the museum dedicated to one of Hollywood's greatest stars, who was also an American hero. RSVP by 9/22
In-Person Event at Kenwood Country Club:
Meet: Janie McKirgan, President/Executive Director, The Jimmy Stewart Museum
- Janie graduated from Michigan State University, B.A., Communications in 1983. After college she worked in the marketing/advertising business and held various positions from sales manager to vice president in the Detroit area. She relocated with her new family to Indiana, PA in 1994.
- She was appointed to the Board of Directors of The JimmyStewart Museum in 1996 and served for 8 years. She also volunteered for the United Way and served on the boards of The Alice Paul House (shelter for abused women & children), Indiana Area Soccer Boosters, Indiana Basketball Boosters, Downtown Indiana and the Indiana Area School District Board of Trustees. She was recently named to Pennsylvania Business Central’s Women in Business 2021 Top 20 Female Nonprofit Leaders list.
- She took the helm at The Jimmy Stewart Museum in August 2019. During her tenure, she oversaw renovations, repainting and updating the exhibits at the museum for its 25th anniversary. She also redesigned the museum’s website, online store and logo. Shortlyafter all of these improvements, the pandemic hit, closing the museum for a total of 6 months in 2020. She helped the museum survive by increasing online sales, upping donations and soliciting local corporation sponsorships. She works closely with JimmyStewart’s children, and they fully support the museum.
- She looks forward to a full economic recovery and for visitors to experience the newly updated museum. To find our more about the museum, check its website, www.jimmy.org.
- Click here to buy tickets!!! Members & Guests ONLY: 29/person, inclusive for Meal, Networking, Talk & Tasting! Some of the best ice cream you've ever had.........
- REGISTER for THIS EVENT: Members: 29/person, inclusive (Meal at Kenwood Country Club, Beverages, Program, Networking)
- Because of Kenwood Country Club rules, lunch reservations must be made no later than 7pm ET on Wednesday, a week before the event (Sept 22, no later than 7pm ET)
- Non-Members: Welcome to join the Club to be able to Register for this event - and get access to many other programs, including some that are free! Please call us at 301-365-8999 to discuss membership options and benefits!
12:00PM - 1:30PM Wed 29 Sep 2021 ( Timezone: Eastern )
Kenwood Country Club
5601 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20816 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Look Who's Coming:
Guest of Alan Schlaifer
Guest of Alan Schlaifer
Guest of Monique Lass
... a total of 5 guests.
Note: to opt out from this list please sign in, go to My Account and change your preferences under My RSVPs.