Chinese American Museum: Meet the Author, Grace D. Li "Portrait of a Thief" 3/29
Join the Chinese American Museum DC for a pre-publication interview with Grace D. Li on her debut novel, "Portrait of a Thief" hitting the shelves Tuesday, April 5,2022.
When five Chinese American college students facing the daunting next steps of career and family expectations get together to pull off the art heist of a lifetime, they begin a life changing journey of more than their ability to skirt the law.
JOIN THE CHINESE AMERICAN MUSEUM DC FOR A PRE-PUBLICATION INTERVIEW WITH GRACE LI ON HER DÉBUT NOVEL, PORTRAIT OF A THIEF HITTING THE SHELVES TUESDAY, APRIL 5, 2022.
This is a free online event with registration.
Tuesday, March 29, 2022, 7-8 pm ET (4-5 pm PT)
- Grace D. Li grew up in Pearland, Texas, and is a graduate of Duke University, where she studied biology and creative writing. She lives in Northern California and attends medical school at Stanford University. Portrait of a Thief is her debut novel and is currently in development at Netflix, with Grace serving as an executive producer for the series.
- In the conversation with Grace are
- Louisa Sorkness, Program Coordinator CAMDC
- Kevin Wang, Harvard College, Junior, and
- Holly Shan, Georgetown University School of Medicine, first year.
- The Chinese American Museum is the first and only museum in our nation’s capital dedicated to the Chinese American story. We are dedicated to advancing the understanding, knowledge, and appreciation of the Chinese American experience, by highlighting the history, culture, spirit, and contributions of Chinese Americans to our nation and beyond.
- Click here to buy tickets!!!
- ONLINE: Free for Members: Just you
- President's Club & Lifetime: For you and up to three guests