Headliners Luncheon: Elder David A. Bednar, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mr. Bednar will deliver a speech about the Church is doing to address food shortages in sub-Saharan Africa. Wharton Club members & guests are invited to In-Person Luncheon at National Press Club.
- Elder David A. Bednar, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will speak at a National Press Club luncheon on May 26 at 12:30 p.m.
- Bednar will speak about what the Church is doing to address food shortages in sub-Saharan Africa, its response to the war in Ukraine, and how it educates nearly a million young people a year.
- This is the first time a representative of the Church has addressed a Press Club audience in 22 years. The Latter-Day Saint Church is one of the fastest growing religions in America. Nearly 17 million people worldwide belong to the Church. The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is the second-highest presiding body in the government of the Church.
The event begins with lunch at 12:30 p.m. Remarks begin promptly at 1 p.m., followed by a question-and-answer period.
Tickets are $45/person for general admission with full meal, including hot beverage, gratuity, tax.
- President's Club & Lifetime Members: Yourself and up to 3 guests at this 45/per person rate
- Other Wharton DC Members: Yourself only at this rate (glad to discuss upgrading to President's Club or Lifetime if you like; just call us at 301-365-8999.)
12:30PM - 2:00PM Thu 26 May 2022, Eastern timezone
The National Press Club, Ballroom
529 - 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20045 USA
[ Get Directions ]