Veteran's Day Dinner at the Fourth Estate Restaurant with Chef Andre Rush 11/11
Join celebrity chef and veterans advocate Andre Rush for a multi-course dinner at the National Press Club on Veterans Day, Nov. 11 at 6 p.m. Wharton Club members & guests are invited to In-Person Luncheon at National Press Club.
- Join celebrity chef and veterans advocate Andre Rush for a multi-course dinner at the National Press Club on Veterans Day, Nov. 11 at 6 p.m.
- The event begins with a cocktail hour, followed by a dinner customized by Chef Rush in partnership with National Press Club Chef Susan Delbert, and remarks and book signing with Chef Rush. More details about the menu will be announced soon.
- Tickets for the Wharton Club Members & their guests cost $90 per person (including one book) or $170 per couple (including one book).
- Rush, the son of a country farmer in rural Mississippi, joined the U.S. Army Reserve as a young man and eventually became a military fitness trainer, but KP duty was where he made his mark. During his military years, he won hundreds of medals for cooking and ice sculpting. His talents eventually landed him jobs as a chef at the Pentagon and the White House.
- Today, Rush, who recently landed his own TV show, advocates for veterans fitness and wellness, particular in the areas of suicide prevention and PTSD. He does 2,222 pushups a day to draw attention the 22 veteran suicides each day. Rush is the author of "Call Me Chef, Dammit."
Steak Tartare, Charred Octopus and Honey Habanero Chicken
Duo Roasted red and yellow pepper soup
Beef Wellington with red wine sauce, and mashed vegetables including carrots, celeriac and beet root
Crème Brûlée with Raspberry Coulis