Marine Corps Commandant Berger to address mission readiness at Headliners luncheon March 14
Gen. David H. Berger, commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps, will speak March 14 at a National Press Club Headliners luncheon on Marine Corps. Wharton Club members & guests are invited!
Gen. David H. Berger, commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps, will speak March 14 at a National Press Club Headliners luncheon on Marine Corps readiness and their mission focus following 20 years of operations in Afghanistan.
This in-person event begins with lunch in the Club ballroom at 12:30 p.m. Remarks begin at 1 p.m., followed by a question-and-answer session ending at 2 p.m.
Wharton Club Members: Tickets cost $45/person for you and your guests. They include a full luncheon and the program. We hope to have a Wharton Club table. Tickets must be paid for at time of purchase.
- The Marine Corps faces multiple external challenges, including the COVID-19 pandemic, war in Ukraine, inflation and supply chain issues, as it looks to train, modernize and equip its troops.
- "We have to reimagine how we fight -- not just how we fight, but how we make that fight possible," Berger said during a talk at the Naval War College in November.
- Berger, a native of Woodbine, Maryland, has served as a Marine since 1981. He has served as commandant of the Marine Corps since 2019.
- His command assignments have taken him to Haiti, Afghanistan, Iraq and Kosovo, among other missions. He commanded the 3d Battalion, 8th Marines in Haiti during Operation SECURE TOMORROW and the Regimental Combat Team 8 in Fallujah, Iraq, during Operation IRAQI FREEDOM.
- As a general officer, he commanded 1st Marine Division (Forward) in Afghanistan during Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, the I Marine Expeditionary Force, the U.S. Marine Corps Forces Pacific/Fleet Marine Forces Pacific, and Marine Corps Combat Development Command.
- Tickets cost $45/person for you and your guests. They include a full luncheon and the program. We hope to have a Wharton Club table. Tickets must be paid for at time of purchase.