Larry Heilman, "Che Guevara Picked the Wrong Country to Start A Revolution!" 8/1
Larry Heilman is a Research Associate in the Anthropology Department of the Smithsonian’s Natural History Museum. Wharton Club members and guests are invited.
- Currently, Larry Heilman is a Research Associate in the Anthropology Department of the Smithsonian’s Natural History Museum.
- Larry served twenty years with the United States Agency for International Development and rose to the rank of Senior Foreign Service Officer. His posts were Bolivia, Nepal, Bangladesh, Guatemala, and Burkina Faso.
- He was a Foreign Area Analyst with the CIA and served 20 years in the United States Marine Corps Reserve with short periods of service in Bolivia, Bangladesh, and Okinawa.
- In 2017, Larry authored “USAID in Bolivia: Partner or Patrón.” Larry was awarded the USAID Alumnus of the Year in 2019 for his sustained efforts in the development field both internationally and locally.
- Larry studied at the National University of Mexico and the University of Yucatan.
- He has
- worked as an aspiring archaeologist in the Yucatan; explored the territory of Quintana Roo on foot and by boat in search of pre-Columbian sites;
- analyzed university student political activities in Central Mexico in the 1960s and
- administered development assistance programs in Mexico in the 1970’s.
- In the 1990’s, he facilitated programs designed to strengthen the democratic process in Mexico.
- He has
- Che Guevara - Facts, Death & Biography https://www.history.com/topics/latin-america/che-guevara
Wharton Club of DC Members - you can attend in-person with a free lunch or by Zoom:
- President's Club/Lifetime: You and 2 guests may attend
- Other Members: Yourself only
Click here to reserve your place for the program
12:00PM Tue 1 Aug 2023, Eastern timezone
The Woman's Club of Chevy Chase
7931 Connecticut Ave
Chevy Chase, MD 20815 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Look Who's Coming:
for the program