Meet Ben Stern: "Because It’s There. My Trip to the Summit of Mount Everest" 10/10
Ben will present a talk on what it was like to make this extraordinary journey. He is the 750th American to successfully reach the summit. But over 300, from the U.S. and elsewhere, have died in trying to do so. Wharton Club members and guests are invited.
- Ben Stern is one of only 750 Americans to summit Mount Everest. He completed this incredible adventure on May 17th of this year.
- Ben will present a talk on what it was like to make this extraordinary journey. 2023 was one of the deadliest years in the history of Mount Everest with extreme cold, high winds, and large crowds. (See article re deaths during 2023 and prior years; a total of well over 300). And the 2015 movie, EVEREST, released during what may well have had the largest number of deaths, vividly recounts the challenges, successful summits, and deaths of the difficult 1996 climbing year.
- While experiencing some close calls and serious challenges on the final push to the summit, Ben and his team were ultimately able to reach their goal.
- It’s a thrilling tale and one you won’t want to miss. Ben grew up in the DC area and is a graduate of Princeton University where he captained the Track & Field Team. In high school he was a three-time Washington Post All Met in Cross Country and one of the top distance runners in the nation.
- Ben is a local real estate broker and invests in commercial real estate with his father, Andy. He holds a Master’s Degree in Commercial Real Estate from Georgetown University.
Click here to reserve your place for the program